Letter edge colours

kimp

Hi I was hoping somebody would tell me how to change the colour of the edges of my letters from the main body colour. I'm looking to create something similar to the Plus in the following picture.

Forgive me if this is obvious. Many thanks!

garage.jpg

You'll want to try Pyrochild's "Outline Object" plugin. I believe it's sticky'd in the Plugins forum. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

EDIT: Damn you, david! ;)

Hello.

Adapt these instructions for your circumstance:

- create background;

- create the object to be behind the text on a new layer;

- create the text on a new layer;

- duplicate ( :DuplicateLayer: ) the text layer;

- on the original text layer (the bottom of the two), use pyrochild's Outline Object plugin with the colour set to the background colour.

You may crudely remove the rest of the uneeded text with the Eraser if you wish, but it's not essential.

Does this help?

On a side note, instead of downloading one of pyrochild's plugins, why not download them all from the below link, near to all are useful, if not for this piece of work, but probably on another in the future:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21706

You'll want to try Pyrochild's "Outline Object" plugin. I believe it's sticky'd in the Plugins forum. :-)

Nope.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Outline Object is the best. You can get to it through the "Plugins" link in Pyrochild's sig.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.