Installation bug - not recognising .NET framework

lmc148

Hi

I downloaded the paint.NET zip file, unzipped it, tried to install then I get the message that I require the .NET framework click OK to go to Microsofts page to install this...

So I do that & download the .NET framework

So then I try to install paint.NET again but get the same message even though I have installed the .NET framework

I've tried a few times, but get the same message, so cannot install paint.NET

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Please read the rules about thread titles. Yours is very ambiguous. If it's not changed soon, I will have to lock this thread.

Have you restarted your computer since installing the .NET framework?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The reason it was ambiguous was because the entire thread is about bugs, and a large percentage of bugs with the program are in some way related to installation. :-) Thank you for fixing it.

As for the rest of your question - just making sure, have you checked this thread yet? viewtopic.php?f=10&t=854

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Hi

Glad my additional info. fixed the thread title. :)

Yes, I checked the Installation thread before posting my question on here (but couldn't find anything on this, hope I didn't miss anything!...)

I noticed the paint.NET installation file I downloaded was a new version, only a day old, so I thought it may have been a new problem associated with the new download file & that there may be a fix for it now.

I did try downloading both paint.NET & .NET framework again, but perhaps I should give it another go?

Try it again, yes. There may have been an error in the download.

Just to make sure.

The version of .NET Framework that you are installing is 2.0 or higher and you are using XP or Vista (I am guessing XP as Vista should have it installed already). If your OS is 32-bit then you must download the x86 version of .NET Framework and if it's 64-bit then you should download the x64 version of .NET Framework.

If you download the installer from here then it will automatically figure that out and install the correct stuff for you: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

If you're curious anyway, you can check by right clicking on My Computer (or just "Computer" in VIsta, within the start menu) and going to properties. If it's 64-bit it'll say "64-bit" or "x64" somewhere. If it's 32-bit it might not say anything.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg