New Pictorium - We'd like your input

Forumer's second popular offering is IPB hosting. Like phpBB2 above, this option is also 100% free and gives you a slightly different interface to create your community.

We usually recommend IPB to those admins who either have more experience with setting up and running a forum or to those who need a bit more control over their forum.

Like all our services, you will get high quality hosting on our dedicated cluster of 35 state-of-the-art linux servers!

I stand corrected. :-) Anyway, there were some more reasons to upgrade than just that, I'm sure. They escape my memory right now...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No. It's not even for sure yet.

EDIT: We're not even sure it's an OPTION yet.

Besides, if and when it ever is, it won't be anyone's business but Rick's. He'll just inform us of his decision. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

The Galleria idea is great because it's great to just look sometimes, and not read. Plus, sometimes an image deserves more recognition than the crowded Pictorium could provide. I also appreciate the Galleria Discussion thread idea; if anyone can have a say, there will be no elitism.

For providing feedback, separating works by type will be nice. It's hard to compare apples and oranges (or modified images with works made from scratch in PDN).

I agree there's no way to police whether an item was made entirely with PDN or not. It's not worth anyone's effort to check, because no matter what, if someone wants to be a jerk that badly, I'm sure he or she will succeed.

Please, please keep the name "Image Hospital." It's hilarious.

I especially like the idea of a post per user. I personally do not have the guts to post my work up against others of you who have more experience and talent than I do, but I might be more willing to share if I have my own little niche. Someone also mentioned a concern about having the newer images stuck at the bottom of the pile, but this way, if a user wanted, he or she could always edit the first post and insert the newest piece at the top--personal choice.

That would just be like dA, really.

I really like the idea of an image hospital because then I could, for example, post an image of a sig that I've made recently and that I want to improve. And boogies you'd be surprised how much it helps your learning.

Please, please keep the name "Image Hospital." It's hilarious.

Thank you. :-) It was my idea, as I recall.

I agree with all of your ideas, actually. That's probably quite a bit like how things are going to end up.

EDIT: Actually, looks like I suggested "Image Ambulance." "Image Hospital" seems to have been Crazy Man Dan's idea. :-) I should've known. ;-)

What happened to "Stay on topic?"

That is on topic. Watch your attitude, please. :-)

@ Ash: I didnt know that you were a student in Illonois

:P

"IIRC" means "If I Recall Correctly."

I hope so, too.

--

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas that have not yet been put forth?

Thanks, pyro.

Anyone have any reasonable ideas? :-)

Again:

Rick has been discussing moving the forum for a while. I imagine we won't see it happen until after he's decided whether or not to do that.

And, please, let's not get back on THAT tangent. :-)