New Pictorium - We'd like your input

Yes already, there is a moderator-only board...

I knew it! :D

I know that some people are worried that the Galleria would be all Ash, bb00, Helio, and Madjik...but I say hey, if they make all the cool images, so be it! I don't want my images included in the new Galleria because I made a good effort or something like that...I want it to actually mean something.

My two cents. Or pence...or rubies...or whatever. ;)

Now that's one healthy attitude :D

However I do remember you made something that made me go: How'd you do that.. :)

Don't sell yourself short. :!: :) :idea:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

... I think BoltBait, CMD, Ash and Rick have enough work already...

Oh, but I'm doing just fine, then? :-) Kidding. And I don't think there's a need for a new mod; it's really no more work than before, just spread across a new thread.

I never realised you were a mod. You probably got "promoted" so to say during that gap during which I didn't check the forums. See what happens in just a week? ...

What about an Image 'Stock section'?....I Or.....i dont know TBH i have two sides to this....

First it would be good...

but then again...its supposed to be all made from scratch...

What do you guys think?

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

Board - The Pictorium

• [*:1vcn2wiv] Image Umbrella - (Multiple categories) - There would be multiple stickied threads, each relating to a particular art style. ... Possible styles include, but are not limited to: Realism, Surrealism, Abstract, Image Modification, Interfaces, Desktop Art, and Sigs and Avatars.

The current Pictorium very much allows creations using stock images. I believe those would fall under the proposed Image Modification umbrella.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

@Blooper: and what a week it's been! :-)

@JS92: If by "stock section" you mean a place to post stock images, I disagree with the idea. That's not what the forum is for. But if you mean a place where you can show what you made USING stock images, I approve. :-)

@CMD: I'm just including you so you don't feel left out. :-) Yay good job Dan!

@derkaderka: Fondue?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yes previous posts have explained that while on the mod only boards the mods were having fondue parties.... I've never benn invited to a fondue party, sad really... Instead of the previously mentioned mandatory .pdn submission, why not have people submit a couple of screenshots showing some of the process they used to verify that it was done in paint.net?

I see. Yes, the fondue here is VERY good. :-)

As for the PdN - verification, I tend to side with CMD - why don't we just trust people? If they're lying, they're only cheating themselves. They'd get much better feedback on non-PdN works from deviantART.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

True, I could careless most of the time if a post was all pdn anyways, you can tell most of the time anyways unless it was ash etc.. from reading the earlier posts though people were making a big fuss about it, so I thought I drop my two cents in.

Quit fast posting! There isn't enough room for two people posting this quick at one time.

Rick has been discussing moving the forum for a while. I imagine we won't see it happen until after he's decided whether or not to do that.

Well that's kind of disappointing...the site was down for a day and I fully expected to see a new category when I browsed here today... :cry:

The site wasn't down for maintenance, it was down because Forumer was broken, again. We couldn't get in either. :(

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I've noticed that Forumer has been sorta flaky recently. What's odd is that my free Forumer board (which has like 6 members... >_>) hasn't had half the problems the PdN board's gone through. :|

---

I was thinking, provided we adopt a one thread per user idea: We quote the image that we're commenting on. ... Couldn't be easier, right? ;)

Here's my input:

I really like the idea of the "one thread per user" to display all their submitted pictures. Especially since it'll be easy for people to lookup a user's work if they are interested in seeing more. The sigs and avatars are a great way to attract people into seeing more their stuff and what they are capable of doing with Paint.Net. I also like how you would be able to see which thread is updated most recently and you can scroll through the page in the thread to see the progression of their talents and work over time.

I also think that we should encourage...not enforce though...people to post side-by-side pictures of a "before" picture and "after" if it was an editing job done from using another picture or sketch as a base to start from. This wouldn't be necessary, however, if people just started from the blank white canvas the program initially creates during startup.

I think the new pictorium shouldn't be much of anything that's more complicated than the format of the forum already is (like adding too many sub-categories to place works in and such), I think it's important we keep it as simple as it is now. It'd be a good idea to start with the User Threads first as a dedicated gallery for each of us and see how it evolves from there.

Also I like how someone (not gonna go back and search for who exactly) mentioned that this forum is first and foremost a paint.net forum. Just a reminder to everyone that paint.net is not Adobe Photoshop and the forum is not DeviantArt, nor will it ever become a perfect replacement for either of them. What I really liked most about paint.net is how original, powerful, and simple it is compared to all the other software out there, and I hope it'll always stay that way.

Rick has been discussing moving the forum for a while. I imagine we won't see it happen until after he's decided whether or not to do that.

You're allowed to read other pages, too. :-)

No, the upgrade would have several reasons - not the least of which, I'm sure, is the fact that Forumer is down so often.

I don't believe that Forumer does offer a "premium" service. Anyway, Rick was talking about self-hosting at getpaint.net.

Forumer's second popular offering is IPB hosting. Like phpBB2 above, this option is also 100% free and gives you a slightly different interface to create your community.

We usually recommend IPB to those admins who either have more experience with setting up and running a forum or to those who need a bit more control over their forum.

Like all our services, you will get high quality hosting on our dedicated cluster of 35 state-of-the-art linux servers!

KaHuc.png