New Pictorium - We'd like your input

Crazy Man Dan

I don't agree with uploading the .PDN. I know I'm not going to check every single PDN file that's uploaded. In fact, I'd probably never even download the ZIP. And I think the other mods will probably agree with that sentiment. I would rather just see it. And if it's not made with Paint.NET, they're really doing themselves a disservice posting it here - they'd get much better feedback on dA.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

It may be difficult for a new person to gain exposure...
Well, remember that he nature of a forum corrects for this...

Any time a new user adds content, their thread gets bumped to the top of the list just like everyone else's. So, even if only for a few minutes, they get to share the limelight.

If your like me, you check almost every post; if the content is interesting, it will get it's due exposure.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Quite so. If a user's content is interesting, if the user is active, the thread will stay near the top for a very long time. Case study: The current Pictorium was only sticky'd fairly recently. The thread has never been sticky'd.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Yes , you got my vote , i like the idea ;)

*Bugster's Gallery* :P

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

I reckon that the "Pictorium Forium" is a good idea. It means that people can show off their creations without having to enter the roiling masses of n00b pen and bucket work. I am anti-elitist, but even I have to draw the line somewhere. It means that people who create genuinely good art (Ash, anyone?) can gain exposure for their images, on-site, without having their images washed away in the sea of n00b Clouds+Polar Inversions like so much beautifully carved flotsam and jetsam.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Sorry about my previous posts but there is something wrong with the forums

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

I think there was a forum error here... I don't like double posting, and I know that Bugster often has a lot to say, and posts quick enough to rival David, but three posts in the same minute! And, they had the same content in... So, I'm going for error.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Yes it was an error , my computer was frozen for some minutes

anyway , i like the idea

WHATZ.png

This is a great idea! I do have a suggestion to add of course:

What if the Galleria Discussion thread and the Image Hospital were announcements also? My thought is that this would be less confusing than mixing them up with the Image Umbrellas. It would be like so:

-------------------------------------------------
[a][l] Pictorium Guidlines
[a][l] Galleria
[a] Galleria Discussion
[a] Image Hospital

[s] Realism
[s] Surealism
[s] Abstract
[s] Image Modification/Manipulation ( <- Another suggestion - add manipulation)
[s] Interfaces
[s] Desktop Art
[s] Signatures and Avatars

( Individual user art threads go here )

Also, I agree that the individual user art threads should be limited to one per user. ;)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

anyway , i like the idea

I deleted all of the duplicates. :-) It seemed to happen between 1 and 1:30 for several people in several threads. No worries, it's behind us now.

@Helio: I agree, and I like the way you have it set up.

anyway , i like the idea

I deleted all of the duplicates. :-) It seemed to happen between 1 and 1:30 for several people in several threads. No worries, it's behind us now.

@Helio: I agree, and I like the way you have it set up.

Fieuw! i thought an second general error 3 days no forums! :(

:wink: Kidding , Helio: agreed with you

WHATZ.png

This is a great idea! I do have a suggestion to add of course:

What if the Galleria Discussion thread and the Image Hospital were announcements also? My thought is that this would be less confusing than mixing them up with the Image Umbrellas. It would be like so:

[a][l] Pictorium Guidlines
[a][l] Galleria
[a] Galleria Discussion
[a] Image Hospital

[s] Realism
[s] Surealism
[s] Abstract
[s] Image Modification/Manipulation ( <- Another suggestion - add manipulation)
[s] Interfaces
[s] Desktop Art
[s] Signatures and Avatars

( Individual user art threads go here )

Also, I agree that the individual user art threads should be limited to one per user. ;)

yea i agree with this way :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

It's a good idea although tbh right now, i prefer the pictorium as it is.

Me too. I like being able to scroll through the pages of images instead of having to go through multiple threads. Oh well.

For the individual user threads, it would be nice if it could show them with the most recent post first. Otherwise whenever someone goes to a users thread, we'll always see their oldest stuff first and may never make it to see the newer (and better) work lower in the thread.

time-smaller.png

It's a good idea although tbh right now, i prefer the pictorium as it is.

Me too. I like being able to scroll through the pages of images instead of having to go through multiple threads.

You will have the galleria if you want to do that.

Just one question - if this happens, what about the old pictorium? Will that be moved and stickied?

KaHuc.png

I'd imagine it would be moved and locked. The old pictorium is not compatible with this way.

The old pictorium is not compatible with this way.

Of course - I was just worried that many would forget to repost and many great images would be lost.

KaHuc.png

I first saw this just before I went to work, but I decided to wait until I came back to comment, so I'd have a good while to think about it. I like the idea of a "Galleria" where the best of the best can go so new users can see the awesomeness that can be created using Paint.NET. I know this somewhat defeats the purpose, but I would still like a small thread that is like "Comment on the Work of the poster above you" sort of thing.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

well I certainly like the pictourium ideas, believe me I think the galleria is good but just don't get too elitist over it. I'd like a good cross section of talent showcased.

extremely well done pictures the best of the best,

up and coming talent, pictures by those with innovative ideas

and what exactly constitutes a great picture? I happen to prefer abstracts over pixel for pixel items. I like pictures that have original ideas and manipulations over the line went this curve in the original so mine must be the same sort of thing. I'm a Picasso type of person.

as to the PDN being submitted idea that just doesn't cut it with me.

my pictures are all 100% Paint.net and I've been PM'd several times by people that don't beleive they are that is why I've started to put up screen shots along the way in the Pictorium.

there are many of my pictures that I start today and leave aside in a hold for further development, hold for new plugins etc. I'm not about to keep PDN's on all of those. so what happens if I come up with one super duper picture from one of them. I've got no PDN?

just some ramblings from the old lady in the rocking chair.

I would enjoy this. I was begining to get tired of the one thread. It was like to UNorganised. Please let this work

omExTE6.png

I don't come here often, and the place has changed so much it's sort of disconcerting :D

But being the lazy person I am, and also one for enjoying the ability to look at the best images, and not sort through the bloody potato(not in skill or design but just stuff I don't wish to look at - ie sigs), I +1 for the Pictorium Board.

will this forum be made in forumer again? or mabye an ipb/ipbfree? To be honest i find ipb/ipbfree smooth to work with

We are talking about creating a new discussion forum within this Paint.NET board. (You know, on the same level as General Discussions & Questions, or Tutorials, or Plugins, etc.)

ah, right.. :roll: :oops: