looking for flash paintbrush effect

i no the title really isent allowed but i really want to know if theres a way or a plugin to make the lines straightin out like in flash in paint.net please dont close this thread.

I don't at all understand what you mean. How do they "straighten out" in Flash?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You already can. Hold Shift.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

If you're wanting to draw a straight line, why don't you just use the line tool?

--

In answer to your question, though, no, plugins cannot do this. They can only make Adjustments, Effects, and Filetypes, not tools.

flashline.jpg

In Flash, when you draw a line, it is 'smoothed' (or straightened if you use the Pencil tool) as soon as you release the mouse.

While it makes for pleasing and very easy lines in Flash... I don't see how it would work in Paint.NET.

Flash is vector based. Which is why it smooths so well. Several lines of code just tell it to smooth the object. Paint.NET wouldn't know what to do if it were told to do anything with objects. :wink:

Interesting idea, but Paint.NET isn't Flash... or vector in general. Just stick with the line tool as everyone else has suggested. :D

Aha. I think I understand a bit better now.

Try using Gaussian Blur, then Sharpen. That will smooth out your line quite a bit. You'll probably need to do both repeatedly for a visible effect.

This is what happens when you are dealing with an object based design tool. What you "draw" is referenced as plot points and the displayed information is an computer adjusted representation of those plots using your selected medium.

Paint.NET is a raster editor which works directly on individual pixels. Adding this option would require some type of preliminary step in the programming that adjust the final output based on your stroke and/or other tool settings. This seems like it is in like with custom brushes, which is slated for version 4.xx in 2009.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster