Suggestion: Hex color paste of #FFFFFF

The suggestion: When you copy the color value #FFFFFF from for example a HTML page and we paste this in Paint.NET Colors Window, More, Hex field, the paste/value is not taken.

It could be handy to paste the value correctly.

Fix could be: Clipboard.GetValue.ToString contains #, discard that character and paste the rest FFFFFF

Greetz

OR you could unlazy yourself via the dreaded unlazy-key-combination (try searching the forum, but you probably won't find it ;) ), and just either remove the # yourself, or *gasp*, just select and copy the part after it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

On professional projects, sure. On free software, though, not so much. We'd rather it just work, and have as many features as can be packed in to it, rather than be ergonomically designed perfectly. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Computers should adapt to people, not the other way around.

Agreed.

I've filed a suggestion bug for it at least -- could be as simple as just having it ignore the '#' character.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Okay, derkaderka, that's not very helpful. Question answered; Rick can unlock if he has anything to add.

Thread Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.