Forum Suggestion: Pictorium Dedicated Section

Simon Brown

But seriously, join deviantART! Most of us are already registered (about 45)!

I just believe that since there is a pictorium, it makes sense for that to be a section rather than just a thread.

KaHuc.png

I posted about this in the Pictorium a few days ago. Mine was a little bit more drawn out, but better something than nothing. I completely agree with seperating it.

Second, deviantArt is great, but this community is better imo. To be able to post pdn only pictures to pdn only users and get pdn only feedback is the best imo.

signature.png

Rick's thought on this (and I agree) is that this forum is for Paint.NET program-specific stuff. Your works aren't necessarily in that category. I think deviantART provides a much (x100,000) better way to get advanced, thoughtful criticism from people who know about art, rather than seeing the image go on by in the pictorium.

I think the Pictorium is useless, myself; a good place to direct people who don't have dAs and want to post one or two images, but a horrid place to get advanced critique.

EDIT: I now disagree with this opinion. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Please look below. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Okay, I realize I'm DPing here, but something just happened that turns me 180 degrees on this issue.

I was moderating the Pictorium recent posts, and I noticed I just looked at the text on the last few posts, completely ignoring the images there. Then, satisfied that no rule-breaking was occurring, I went on to other things. Then my mouth twitched, and I came back here.

I now agree. A Pictorium forum would be much more fair to everyone involved than than a single thread. I might actually post some things there, and I'd definitely look at some stuff that's posted there. Probably offer critique, too.

I still maintain that dA is better, but if we're going to share Paint.NET images here, we need to do it well.

Kinda harsh when you realize that you're part of the problem. :-/

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Alrighty, happy people. We've talked it over, and we feel it's at least worth a shot to go about reorganizing things a little better. We have a preliminary plan in mind, and we'd like your input. It's all spelled out here:

New Pictorium Discussion

We're open to questions and suggestions. Come add your voice to the discussion!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype