Unistallation of Paint.NET 3.07

I have been trying to un-install Paint.NET 3.07 from my system's control panel after the folder for Paint.NET got accidentally deleted from my computer. But every time I do so it gives me the following error:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I have installed the Microsoft's .Net environment again on my system, but that does not help.

Will appreciate some help in this regard.

Thanks,

Vishal

I have been trying to un-install Paint.NET 3.07 from my system's control panel after the folder for Paint.NET got accidentally deleted from my computer. But every time I do so it gives me the following error:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I have installed the Microsoft's .Net environment again on my system, but that does not help.

Will appreciate some help in this regard.

Thanks,

Vishal

The fact that Paint.NET is deleted means that it dosen't exist, the reason you can't un-install it is because there is nothing to un-install.

Thanks for your reply and I understand that. But for some reason the program still shows up in the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs.

Now I tried to install the new version of Paint.NET 3.22 which is not getting installed and gives the same error.

So I think there is some kind of link between the two.

Vishal

12413_37844de7bdd7127c1539563fa9f5a250

12413_b29b8c5f5b6869962caadf137a23a337

Thanks for your reply and I understand that. But for some reason the program still shows up in the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs.

Now I tried to install the new version of Paint.NET 3.22 which is not getting installed and gives the same error.

So I think there is some kind of link between the two.

Vishal

The thing you have to do is get all the program files back, place them in the right place, then un-install. Then you can re-install.

The only down-side is that it will be quite hard to get the program files for it, unless Rick can send them to you.