Question about 4 way split like in Photoshop

Hi,

I'm pretty new to paint.net and I'm wondering if there is some way to split a picture into 4 or some other number of equal sized images and place each in it's own layer. Basicly a faster and more accurate method of selecting rectangles, copying and then saving to a new layer.

And then can you save each layer individually to separate files?

Thanks for your help

sklaasen

No and no. Not at this point. This may be something that comes in the future, but not right now.

You can certainly do it manually, but not automatically.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

There is no way to do this. Although using the new selection method "By Size" it is very easy to accomplish this simply using coordinates and copy and paste. As for saving each layer seperate, once again you have to use a work around. As Rick Brewster said himself, if you want a truly proffesional graphics editor, I must point you to Photoshop.

Edit2: David.Atwell beat me to the punch :?

signature.png

No he didn't. I did. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Mike.Ryan originally wrote that AndrewD had beaten him. I replied "no he didn't, I did."

I know that Rick said that. :-) But the user is not talking about CMYK. He's wanting a way to break an image into four quadrants.

Mike.Ryan originally wrote that AndrewD had beaten him. I replied "no he didn't, I did."

I know that Rick said that. :-) But the user is not talking about CMYK. He's wanting a way to break an image into four quadrants.

We really need some complete sentences... :?

CMYK or break image into 4, what Rick said still applies the same way.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]