how do i

hi,im trying to cut a circular section out of a bigger picture,ive done the hard part ie made the selection and cut it out but how do i save it as a circle and not as a circle with a white backround or any kind of backround for that matter.i just want to save the circular part for use as an avatar or spray in fps games.

Make sure the area around the circle is transparent, then make sure you save the image as a .gif. One way to make this area transparent is to select it, then press delete. If you're trying to make a Counter-Strike spray, you'll have to do the transparent stuff in another program; Paint.Net won't let you edit the colors pallette.

thanks,tried wally didnt like it also found i didnt need it.as long as the image is the correct size any bmp. image can be used as a spray in dod,for cs i use an app called Sprayr.what i was trying to do was take the circular celtic badge out of a bigger image to use as an avatar,but keep it circular,but every time i try it always has a backround,sometimes white sometimes light blue.i was looking around this forum and in another thread somebody said save as a png. image which i did and it seemed to work but when i used the image for an avatar it had a backround,so i dont know what im doing wrong.

wheyhey :D done it at last.ok so you where right save it as a gif :lol: thanks