Custom Brushes Question For Paint.NET 4.0! (Please Read)

Please dont close this unless a suitable answer is given (and not "No. Closed" or somit like that)

Anyway on to my question, when custom brushes appears in Paint.NET 4.0...will we...or anyone be able to convert PS Brushes...or use them in Paint.NET??? like just stick them in "Brushes" folder (or whatever it will be called) and then it will recognise the file format or will it have to be a certain...custom Paint.NET file that can only be used on Paint.net....

basically will we be able to use or convert custom PS brushes so that we can use them on Paint.NET??? Cause that will be really cool!

Thanks

EDIT: Made spelling corrections lol stupid laptop keyboard!!!

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

I guess someone will find a way to convert PS brushes into a PdN brush format. Maybe even GIMP brushes.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I guess someone will find a way to convert PS brushes into a PdN brush format. Maybe even GIMP brushes.

Thanks for replying Darkshock91... yeh becuase then we could have some really good brushes and therefore create amazing pictures!!!

Couldnt someone like decode it and whatever you do to create plugins now and then just change some settings for paint.net and then save it like that?

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

The ability to use custom brushes will (correct me if I'm wrong here) be available sometime after version 4.0 of Paint.NET. Possibly available at 4.0, possibly version 4.99 I don't know.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

As far as I know, Rick has barely begun even mapping out the overall architecture for Paint.NET version 4.xx. Whether or not you'll be able to use Photoshop brushes will probably have to wait until next year for an answer. :-)

But, as DarkShock91 said, even if Paint.NET doesn't come with the ability, someone will probably come up with a plugin or workaround. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

As far as I know, Rick has barely begun even mapping out the overall architecture for Paint.NET version 4.xx. Whether or not you'll be able to use Photoshop brushes will probably have to wait until next year for an answer. :-)

But, as DarkShock91 said, even if Paint.NET doesn't come with the ability, someone will probably come up with a plugin or workaround. :-)

Does every 4,5,6 version of paint.net come out once a year....so like this...

2008 - 4.00-4.99

2009 - 5.00-5.99

ect, ect, ect....?

But i really hope this will be a feature for the 4.00 version!

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

I don't believe it's planned out quite that well. Take a look at the Paint.NET roadmap (linked from the getpaint.net main page) for a better idea how the versions progress.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

What my idea of a custom brush would be is a .ZIP (renamed to .PCB or something)that contains bitmaps of the brush (in .PNG of course) and some sort of text file that contains the brush's source code (for how the brush will blend, how it reacts to a certain speed of cursor movement, color changing, ect.). With a simple yet flexible system like that, be sure that you'll be able to convert PS's brushes.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

What my idea of a custom brush would be is a .ZIP (renamed to .PCB or something)that contains bitmaps of the brush (in .PNG of course) and some sort of text file that contains the brush's source code (for how the brush will blend, how it reacts to a certain speed of cursor movement, color changing, ect.). With a simple yet flexible system like that, be sure that you'll be able to convert PS's brushes.

Good idea...if it were only simple to do...well people that know 'coding' will be able to do it...but....yeh that sounds like a good idea...cant someone just edit a PS brush and evaluate the code and get some ideas on how to recreate another brush using different settings ect?

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

It's not quite that simple. The code isn't all that readable, if I recall correctly...

What about photoshop patterns too?

That's where the magic of my brush system concept comes into play. You can make patterns with simple modifications of the source code.

Yes, I rule.

:P

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

What about photoshop patterns too?

That's where the magic of my brush system concept comes into play. You can make patterns with simple modifications of the source code.

Yes, I rule.

:P

lol keep telling yourself that :P:D

but yeah that's a really good idea

There is no use to keep guessing unless one can see the future, or the one who is writing the code (Rick).

New version will be done, when it's done. It's not like a whole team in a big company is working on PDN.

And please don't add "Please read" in the title. Even if a mod were to lock it, we will read it first.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

There is no use to keep guessing unless one can see the future, or the one who is writing the code (Rick).

New version will be done, when it's done. It's not like a whole team in a big company is working on PDN.

And please don't add "Please read" in the title. Even if a mod were to lock it, we will read it first.

Yeh but someone could just think its a stupid newb question and completely ignore it...:/

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

All right, we're getting pretty far off-topic. Question answered.

Thread locked.