Paint.NET v3.22 is now available!

• 2 weeks later...

just had an issue, i was trying to save a file, for my handwriting font im working on (to a flash drive), .bmp and a message pops up saying that it could not save the file, then another one pops up saying that PDN has to close, and a crash log is on my desktop, i would love to give out the crash log, but the problem is there wasnt one on the desktop :shock: , any help would be awesome :P

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

just had an issue, i was trying to save a file, for my handwriting font im working on (to a flash drive), .bmp and a message pops up saying that it could not save the file, then another one pops up saying that PDN has to close, and a crash log is on my desktop, i would love to give out the crash log, but the problem is there wasnt one on the desktop :shock: , any help would be awesome :P

Umm, so post in the troubleshooting section please ...

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Many effects have been moved to sub-menus.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Also, many old plugins (for 3.10 back) have been blocked from loading because they don't work with 3.2x.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I'm glad that the effects got put into sub-menus because one long list of effects is annoying.

The render and distort menu are getting too big though. (due to plug-ins of coarse)

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

The render and distort menu are getting too big though. (due to plug-ins of coarse)

We'll just stop writing Renders and Distortions, then ;)

I have been thinking about just putting all of the plugins that I write in my own menu, like "effects->jchunn", just so people wont have so many plugins cluttering up the render menu. There are only a few people writing plugins... so even if everyone did that, it would only add 5 or 10 items to the main effects menu, and then you could just jump to "madjik" or "boltbait" or whatever, and just see their plugins.

I don't know about everyone else... but that is the way I would rather see it. Ideally, in a future version of PDN, it would be nice if the user could organize their plugins themselves, kinda like the favorites menu in IE.

Total hack.

We'll just stop writing Renders and Distortions, then ;)

I have been thinking about just putting all of the plugins that I write in my own menu, like "effects->jchunn", just so people wont have so many plugins cluttering up the render menu. There are only a few people writing plugins... so even if everyone did that, it would only add 5 or 10 items to the main effects menu, and then you could just jump to "madjik" or "boltbait" or whatever, and just see their plugins.

I disagree. Strongly. People (most) don't want their effects organized based on who wrote them. They probably usually don't even care who wrote them. The proper way for them to be organized is by what they do, at least until users get the ability to move them around at will.

IIRC, that functionality was originally slated to be part of the 3.2x series, but I think that has been pushed back to 4.x.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Ick. I agree. Bad idea.

Exactly. The 3.2x series has introduced a slightly different Plugins API which rendered some older plugins unusable - that is, until the author updates them for the new system.

Nowhere, yet. Soon.