Creating a logo

Hi, I worked out how to make the background of an image transparent, now I am having problems pasting that image on to a colored background, I think it has to do with "layers". I am trying to achieve this effect, the flower image has a transparent background, and has been pasted on to the colored background :

lc_hdr_bg2.jpg but when I do it the background area of the flower remains a checked pattern, or see through. Is there a tutorial out there that explains how to do this ? Thanks in advance, Mickmac

Think of layers like a set of transparencies. If you stack them on top of each other, and look straight down at it, you'll see the composition of all the images. But the actual pictures on each transparency remains unchanged.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Further reading: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/LayersWindow.html

And, for an ever better understanding of layers, (don't worry about completely understanding it all, though): http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/L ... Modes.html

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hi, I cannot find a tutorial which explains in simple terms how to use layers to place one image on top of another. All I want to do is put the image of a flower (which has a transparent background)

CLEARBACKGROUND.gif

on top of a colored (green) panel, so all you will see is the actual flower and the green background. Some of the tutorials tell you what to do, but not how to do it. Hope someone can explain the easy way to do this. Thanks, Mickmac

1. [*:uft9btu9]Create a new layer

• [*:uft9btu9] :AddNewLayer: button
    [*:uft9btu9]Keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + N

[*:uft9btu9]Paste your image

• [*:uft9btu9]"Paste" option in the Edit menu
    [*:uft9btu9]Keyboard shortcut Ctrl + V

• [*:uft9btu9]Alternatively, you could use keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + V to paste onto a new layer without making a new one first

[*:uft9btu9]Position/resize the flower as you see fit

• [*:uft9btu9] :MoveTool:

[*:uft9btu9]Bask in the glory of your newly created image

Does that explain it in an easy to follow way?