3.08 and 3.20 issues

i'm getting this everytime i try to install either one. the older 2. something worked just a second ago but obviously i dont want an old version of paint.net. and i already did the windows install clean thing or whatever it was. i've been trying this for a couple hours now. and i still get this:

paint.net Setup Front-end has encountered a problem and needs to close. blah blah.

then it says:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : setupfrontend.exe P2 : 3.8.2708.22804

P3 : 46608428 P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 461eee3d P7 : 1a8b

P8 : 10 P9 : system.typeloadexception

dont know anything about this. havent deleted any paint.net related issues that would have caused this to happen and i dont know what the deal is. this actually happened a couple weeks ago and i just havent been able to log in to the forums. but either way. i know someone knows how to help with this issue.

thanks.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Glad it worked, glad to help!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.