MattBlackLamb

The Paint.NET users Film/Movies Club.

I saw Transporter 3. (6.5/10)

Better than 2, but not nearly as good as 1.

But, then, what do you expect? ;)

Madagascar 2 doesn't come to NZ in months.... What's people's thoughts on the new Terminator movie they are making, Terminator Salvation? I think it will be the first of a new Terminator trilogy to revamp the series and franchise, and from what I've seen it looks really good.

I saw the movie "Defiance' last night. Reminds me of when heros were real men, doing nobel deeds.

This is one film I don't think I'd recommend it for the young. Some scenes are extremelly emotionally moving. ( But they were done with out being gruesome or overly degrading, still not something I'd like young ones to look at.)

As the story was based on true events it is very revealing of just how cruel human beings can be in their narrow minded fear of cultures they do not understand. Definetly not for those faint of heart or naive about human nature.

Ciao OMA

TF 2 does look sweet! I loved the first one, and now it looks like they're transforming into animals now instead of vehicals...

Meh 2, I'm overexited. (Warning! Extreme abuse of the smiles! Use cation!)

Hidden Content:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yup both those movies are going to be awesome! I'm a little disappointed that production of the next Narnia movie has been stopped, at least until they find another company to fund/produce it or something. But there is hope!

Last night I watched the Dark Knight for the first time. A brilliant movie, but it was so... dark and scary. It's amazing, but in a really freaky way. :shock: Heath Ledger is the man.

Two movies I've watched recently:

City of God - 10/10 stars :shock: Yup, it's that good... and based on a true story. Definitely watch the documentary on the DVD.

RockNRolla - 8/10 I thought it was pretty funny. Good action scenes as well. I would definitely like to see the next installment, The Real RockNRolla.

I'm looking forward to seeing Angels and Demons. I've just listened to some of the soundtrack and wow! that music is moving. If this film is 1/2 as good as "The Di Vinci Code" it should be quite the thriller.

getting my ticket as soon as it hits our local theatre!

One that might interest a lot of Hardcore graphics workers...

Final Fantasy -Spirits Within

Completely made in CGI...Using 960 Pentium III-933Mhz workstations...

It's main character is made of approximately 400,000 Polygons and each of her 60,000 hairs were rendered and animated seperately.

It took 1.5 hours to render each frame...

It is rather realistic too...

And also, on the DVD Bonus Features...There's a video of the entire cast dancing to Thriller...

:D Oh that is a great video. I didn't realize it was all digital work. Amazing. I can totally appreciate how much work there was to make those characters look so life like. It took me ages to just do one little picture "miss va va la voom" and she doesn't even come close.

thanks for pointing that video out. i'll have to watch for a dvd

ciao

OMA

I'm watching a show on the History Channel right now about "How Bruce Lee changed the world". Pretty good. I remember going to the local theater and seeing Enter the Dragon when it first came out. Hard to believe it was that long ago.

We don't go to the theater much anymore so we joined Netflix. We saw the first Transformers two weeks ago. We really enjoyed it, very well done. I can't want for the sequel.

Just got Spiderman 3 in the mail yesterday, looks real good. Saw the Hulk 2 last month, it was Ok. Looking forward to seeing the new X-Men.

Watched the movie "Waiting" again last night. Still makes me laugh.

I just saw the new wolverine movie online xD

uhm the missing cgi made it lack a little but it was still sweet.

9/10 it explained a lot of old mysteries I had from the old ones.

Star Trek wins.

Yup. Saw it at the local LIEMAX and must say... it PWN3D!

Star Trek wins.

Yup. Saw it at the local LIEMAX and must say... it PWN3D!

This one was online aswell but uhm terrible quality so ill just wait.

And nice, not beiong a fan of the old startreck doesnt make it confusing? right? >.<

And nice, not beiong a fan of the old startreck doesnt make it confusing? right? >.<

That's... pretty much the point of the new movie.

Yeah, Wolverine was pretty good.

But in this Summer of the Prequels, Star Trek wins.

Agreed and indeed. The new Terminator movie looks like it could rock too.

Star Trek looks okay (im not a fan and havn't seen the series)

but i've seen the Fast & Furious 4 (it's Awesome!) and i wunt 2 see Terminator Salvation!

Transformers 2 lookz cool as well

My last trip to the cinema was to see The Boat That Rocked, which I thoroughly enjoyed. :) I highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you like the rock / pop music of the 60's :)