MattBlackLamb

The Paint.NET users Film/Movies Club.

Stuber 7/10

It was funny throughout. Good action scenes although I think the basic premise of the movie was a bit flawed. Everyone I know that had eye surgery could see better right away. 

Doom: Annihilation. 2/10

Why is it so hard to make a decent movie out of such a brilliant video game?  Terrible acting... I’m guessing these “actors” got pulled from either soap operas or film school. The special effects look worse than the live rendering in the video game Doom 3. And, the plot?  That was better in the game as well. Rubber suited aliens.  Editing is also really bad—people often have different expressions when switching camera angles. Spelling errors in the credits? AND a non-ending... you really thought this was good enough to rate a sequel?! Ha!

*sigh*

A couple of Brit tv series.

Prime Suspect, 7 seasons worth. With Helen Mirrin, most excellent production. Another season more recently, different actress, also british, also excellent.

The Night Manager from a spy novel by John Le Carre. Also well done, follows the novel closely. (the novel is a good read too). 6 or 7 hours long.   

On 4/30/2019 at 9:56 PM, BoltBait said:

BTW, a month from now HBO releases Deadwood (2019) a movie based on the most excellent TV series.

Finally some closure for that story.  I'm really looking forward to that one.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:26 AM, welshblue said:

They'd better show that in the UK.

I binge watched the series back in Jan/ Feb and have never been so frustrated at the ending of a series.

Ian McShane - what an actor

I finally got this on DVD...

It is everything I wanted to end the story. 

@welshblue, I think you’ll like this one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BoltBait said:

It is everything I wanted to end the story. 

@welshblue, I think you’ll like this one. 

I'll second that.  A really enjoyable watch to finish off a brilliant series.  Cleared up a lot of things.  

Line of the year has to be when Trixie starts reading the Lord's Prayer to Al ... 

"Our Father who art in Heaven ... "

"He can fluffing  stay there ..."