MattBlackLamb

The Paint.NET users Film/Movies Club.

Stargate is great. But you should see Doctor Who. It's definitely on par in all ways, and better in some.

Stargate is great. But you should see Doctor Who. It's definitely on par in all ways, and better in some.

Oh, I've watched a TON of Dr. Who. Probably not as much as you, but I still like ST:TNG and Firefly way better.

I really liked the Stargate movie, I just haven't gotten into the series.

Never seen B5. I'll check it out.

An other (great) movie I liked a lot:

Crash by Paul Haggis (and Matt Dillon deserved an Academy Award for his character of the police officer!)

Tv movies: X-files (the best paranormal/ sci-fi series ever) C.S.I. (Las vegas, the one!) and Lost (but last episodes are becoming a little too factitious and overloaded so I am starting to lose my interest...)

Oh, I've watched a TON of Dr. Who. Probably not as much as you, but I still like ST:TNG and Firefly way better.

Sad times. I was really talking to him more than you, though. I know who your Doctor is. Bought any scarves recently?

I really liked the Stargate movie, I just haven't gotten into the series.

Ugh. The movie was awful, compared to the series.

The simpsons Movie!

Spider pig.... spider pig ...;

does wathever an spider pig can ...

can he swing , can he sing?

no he can't he's a pig ,

look out!

he's a spider pig.

typed it bymyself :wink:

I don't usually frequent the overflow section, but I'm a massive movie buff, so enjoyed finding this thread.

From reading through the submissions it seems I have very similar tastes to Bolt Bait - in as much as I love Sci-Fi and am a big fan of ST:TNG.

However, I actually prefer Deep Space Nine for it's darker, grittier storylines and more sequential story arc (from season 3 onwards, anyway).

I've been buying up the DVD box sets recently and am watching them all from the start, just got to the end of season 2 today.

I tend to follow specific directors, rather than movie stars: My top 3 directors, with my favourite movie in bold

Tony Scott

Top Gun

Beverly Hills Cop II

Days of Thunder

The Last Boy Scout

Crimson Tide

True Romance

Enemy of the State

Spy Game

Man on Fire

Domino

Quentin Tarantino

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Kill Bill

Deathproof

David Fincher

Alien3

Se7en

The Game

Fight Club

Panic Room

A few more of my favourite films include:

Star Wars (EPIV - A New Hope)

The Shawshank Redemption

The Matrix

The Usual Suspects

So, I Married An Axe Murderer (Mike Myers least well know, but funniest film)

JFK

Midnight Run

Stripes

A Few Good Men

Sin City

-CJ

Pulp Fiction is a great film :D "Aw man, you just shot Marv in the face." Classic :D

Sin City I've seen most of, it was really rather enjoyable :D

The Matrix is a brilliant film, not so the Reloaded, that wasn't so good. I haven't seen Revolutions so I shan't comment.

Léon (1994)

Jean Reno is the god of cool 8)

I would also add Ronin (1998). Didn't do well on release, but is a brilliant piece of ensemble acting, and has arguably some of the best car chases in cinematic history :D

As a guilty pleasure, I'll also throw in Outbreak (1998) because I love the concept of Dustin Hoffman as an action hero, and Kevin Spacey has one of my favourite one-liners of all time...

And finally, Man Bites Dog (1992) aka "C'est arrivé près de chez vous" [belgian\French, with subtitles] - Possibly the darkest black comedy ever made. A classic, but strictly 18+, definitely not suitable for minors !

one movie I especially liked was "Pay it Forward"

Loved the premise of all that good coming from one simple act of kindness. I'm not sure it would work in real life but I sure would like to think so. I try to live my life as if one act of my kindness would effect even 1/10 as many people in the same manner.

so its my feel good movie.

Ohps, forgot to mention here one of my favourite director, Tim Burton!

What about Edward Scissorhands, A nighmare before Christmas, Big Fish, Corpse Bride, Mars Attacks, Beetle Juice?

What about Edward Scissorhands, A nighmare before Christmas, Big Fish, Corpse Bride, Mars Attacks, Beetle Juice?

Not to mention... Batman, Batman Returns, Sleepy Hollow, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and, last but not least, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Also, Burton is in pre-production of 'Frankenweenie' a feature length remake of a short film he made early in his career. About a young Victor Frankenstein who brings his dog back to life after it is run over by a car. It's going to be stop-motion animation, similar to A Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse-Bride.

India has churned out more movies than any other nation, USA included, with roughly 1,000 new ones every year. But 60% is either boring, stupid, old, unoriginal, or just plain plagiarism. But here are some of the 40% of good ones:

1. Pather Panchali, The best Indian film ever. Created in the '50s by Bengali director Satyajit Roy, the film that got honors from Cannes to the Oscars, it documents the life of the life of a young boy who goes from tragedy to hapiness in Benares. A MUST see.

2. Golmaal, the funniest Indian film ever. 'nuff said.

3.Haqeeqat (sp?). In the early sixtees, with the rupee declining, and having suffered a devestating war with China, the Indian public needed a way to cheer up. It is the classic Indian war movie, and also the first one too. Others have come, but mone have come as remotely successful.

Golmaal!! I remember that one! It was funny, I liked it...have you seen Welcome or Pyare Mohan?

Not to mention... Batman, Batman Returns, Sleepy Hollow, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and, last but not least, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Also, Burton is in pre-production of 'Frankenweenie' a feature length remake of a short film he made early in his career. About a young Victor Frankenstein who brings his dog back to life after it is run over by a car. It's going to be stop-motion animation, similar to A Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse-Bride.

whoopie! (Do not know if it makes sense in english, to me is an exclamation of joy!) Do not see the time to see his Frankstein doggie!

Also your mention of I married an axe murderer brought back to my mind an hilarious movie with Woody Allen (acting only) and Sharon Stone called Picking Up the Pieces did you ever see that? It was fun

Burton is in pre-production of 'Frankenweenie' a feature length remake of a short film he made early in his career. About a young Victor Frankenstein who brings his dog back to life after it is run over by a car. It's going to be stop-motion animation, similar to A Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse-Bride.

whoopie! (Do not know if it makes sense in english, to me is an exclamation of joy!) Do not see the time to see his Frankstein doggie!

Also your mention of I married an axe murderer brought back to my mind an hilarious movie with Woody Allen (acting only) and Sharon Stone called Picking Up the Pieces did you ever see that? It was fun

No, I never saw Picking up the Pieces - to be honest I've never been a Woody Allen fan (acting or directing). I've tried watching some of his stuff, it just doesn't appeal to me. I did mildly enjoy "Play it again, Sam", but that's about it.

No, you should watch this cause it has nothing to do with the usual Woody Allen (he is directed by a mexican director) well, the character is a bit nevrotic, but that's all.

P.S.:I did not mind Match Point, though

Jet Li's "Hero"

Eragon

Transformers

I Am Legend

Ung Bok ( I love martial arts movies)(even the cheesy ones, lol)

Underworld

The Italian Job

Serenity

The Matrix

X-Men 1,2 and 3

Highlander 1-4

AVP

Pitch Black

The Chronicles Of Riddick

Independence Day

Live Free or Die Hard

House of Flying Daggers

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

The One

Once Upon A Time In China 1-3

and many more!

saw August Rush last night I was more than pleasantly surprised. it was one of those mushy / semi romantic stories with an actual plot line. the music was better than I anticipated.