Paint.NET 2007 Forum Awards Show!

BoltBait

...Before I move on to the last part of my speech, I wanted to give a quick shout out to CommanderSozo, Rubrica, Yata, Wither, and Andrew D, whose names I thought would have fit quite well in several places. I think they're great and integral parts of the community.

I, for one, think it's quite unjustified that you're not on the list.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

...Before I move on to the last part of my speech, I wanted to give a quick shout out to CommanderSozo, Rubrica, Yata, Wither, and Andrew D, whose names I thought would have fit quite well in several places. I think they're great and integral parts of the community.

I, for one, think it's quite unjustified that you're not on the list.

Ah I missed that. Thanks for saving me from the country blues David. :D :wink:

The Proton Award:

The nominees for this award include: Wither, oma, Crazy Man Dan, pyrochild, Myrddin, Rubrica, ash

Haha... cool :D
The Howard Hughes Award:

And, the winner with 20% of the vote is... pyrochild

Way to go, pyrochild!

Me? Eccentric? :?: :idea: :evil: :shock: 8) :AntiAliasingOn: :?: :?: :?: :mtdew: :?: ...
The Homer Simpson Award:

And, the winners with 20% of the vote each are... BoltBait & pyrochild

Um...
The Pauly Shore Award:

Sharing the runner-up spot with 17% of the vote each are... Rubrica & pyrochild

...Right, 'cause this is totally consistent with my shiny new Homer Simpson award... :roll:
2) The MVP: (The sports guru) pyrochild (100%) I guess we don't talk sports on this board. We had one vote... But, well played!
The only "sport" that I've ever so much as mentioned on this forum is marching band...
The Picasso Award:

The nominees for this award include: pyrochild, Ash, cjmcguiness, aatwo, pyjo, jpope

Sweet!
The GE Award:

And, the winner with 40% of the vote is... pyrochild

Curves+ FTW!

Even sweeter! (Just wait till y'all see v3.0 ;) )
The Kings/Queens of Paint.NET:

Sharing the third place spot with 7% of the vote each are... Rick Brewster,

BoltBait, david.atwell, & pyrochild

What?! Rick didn't win?! I am soooo not worth of having my name (even if it's only my forum username) so much as placed on the same line as Rick's, much less before it. Fixed in quote

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

:AddNoise: Congratulations to all who were nominated for and those who won! 8) :AddNoise:

I would like to thank all who voted for me T_T....

The Monet Award:

This one goes to the member who consistently creates the most beautiful art using Paint.NET.

The nominees for this award include: pyjo, cmjguiness, Wither, Crazy Man Dan, janetsue, oma, TheVoid, verndewd

The runner-up with 16% of the vote is... barkbark00

And, the winner with 32% of the vote is... Ash

There should be quite a few more names on this list! But Thanks... :)

2) “Wow, look, Ash is showing their art in the Louvre!” (38%)

TT_TT

The Kings/Queens of Paint.NET:

This award is plainly & simply the popularity contest you know you all want. You select 4 of this year's most popular forum members -- be they friendly, smart, interesting, funny, some of the above, none of the above, or what -- this award is for your favorite posters. As one voter put it, "I'll let you decide who are the kings and who are the queens!"

The nominees for this award include just about everyone!

Sharing the third place spot with 7% of the vote each are... BoltBait, david.atwell, pyrochild, & Rick Brewster

The runner-up with 9% of the votes is... Crazy Man Dan

And, the winner with 16% of the vote is... Ash

TT_TT I will do my best to help out and try to make even better art using PDN, Thank you EVERYBODY!! TT_TT :)

*BB Good job, rest those fingers in warm water*

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Many apologies! I've added your name to my list of missing names, too. You deserved a couple. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Wow! I didn't expect to see my name much in this whole process; and I definitely didn't expect to finish strong in the Monet category... :D

The Monet Award:

The runner-up with 16% of the vote is... barkbark00

And, the winner with 32% of the vote is... Ash

Good Job Ash! :mrgreen:
The Marlboro Award:

The runner-up with 20% of the vote is... barkbark00

And, the winner with 27% of the vote is... Helio

^^It's nice to see that my vote (for Helio) counted...

Helio, congratulations!

Congrats to all the other winners as well!

See ya 'round!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. ;) -Rick Brewster

4) Rolling Stone: (The music guru) MattBlackLamb (42%) Despite the fact that jake2k is in a band, MBL crushed him!

Yay :D that's the one I wanted :D

And on the bands thing I'm in 2 active bands, 2 less active & I'm waiting to hear back from another band that have asked me to play drums with them, so I can safely say that Jake2k shouldn't feel too hard done by.

Congrats to all :D

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

1236 posts, yet still nobody knows my name. :cry:

I feel a country song coming on...

I feel your pain... ;) That's what I get for not having much time to spend on the forum recently...

Congrats to all the winners! :D

Actually, you were nominated... but you didn't notice it because of this:

The Big Bird Award:

This one is for the friendliest soul on the boards. Thoughts toward the vernacular aside, the winner of The Big Bird Award is someone who's always warm, friendly and fuzzy to the other members.

The nominees for this award include: just about everyone

:P

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

The Pauly Shore Award:

This one goes to the unfunniest member. Maybe their wit isn't witty, or their shock value is too much. Whatever the case, here's your chance to recognize someone who specifically doesn't make you laugh. Oh, sure, they try... but always seem to come up short.

The nominees for this award include: Verndewd, topHATslash, david.atwell, usedHONDA, Bugster, Rick Brewster

Sharing the runner-up spot with 17% of the vote each are... Rubrica & pyrochild

And, the winner with 25% of the vote is... Andrew D

Better try more loller cats, guys!

Actually, I deserve this award. If you don't belive me, check this links:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4577&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=7785

Darn. I didn't win anything. :(

At least I made the banner. (I could have done way better on it though)

Maybe next year. :(

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I apologise for my previous post, I left the drama out :P

I'd like to thank *sniff*, Rick Brewster, for creating Paint.NET & creating this forum that I spend a lot of my free or otherwise time on. *tear rolls down cheek* I would also like to thank those that voted for me, you know who you are, at least I hope you do as I certainly don't *polite laughter from audience*. I wish to give my thanks to the forum members, *sniff* you guys make this forum what it is & I doubt I'd have stayed if you weren't the people you are. *tear wells up in other eye* Last & very certainly not least, I'd like to thank BoltBait & his inspirator (whomever you are) for creating these awards *tear rolls down cheek*, I couldn't have won this without you. ;)

*Walks of stage to rapturous applause & blows nose in a raucous fashion*

Seriously, thanks people, all the things I said up there are true, I dunno what I'd have been doing when I wasn't posting here. :)

Oh & next year, that Homer Simpson Award is mine, at least after that ^ ^ it'd better be :P;)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

Why thank you very much :D

I considered continuing the awards ceremony thing there, but didn't

dA

Woot! Nominee for the Howard Hughes Award!

I'd like to thank God, the Academy, my mom, my dad, the dog, and this little debate I had. 'Twas fun... :mrgreen::mtdew::bmw: :SoftenPortrait: 8) :x :lol:

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Darn. I didn't win anything. :(

At least I made the banner. (I could have done way better on it though)

Maybe next year. :(

be happy you dont get the troll :)

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

The Mimi Bobeck Award:

This one's for the biggest forum troll of 2007 on the Paint.NET forum. As I'm sure you're aware, a forum troll is someone who posts a lot, and whose posts don't always have an overflow of useful content. Not to say that they never have relevant posts, but -- ah hell, it's 2007, you guys know what a forum troll on the Internet is by now.

The nominees for this award include: Paint_Boy, aafuss, david.atwell, verndewd, Pooky, Andrew D, DarkShock91

Sharing the runner-up spot with 14% of the vote each are... Panhead & jerkfight

And, the winner with 22% of the vote is... Bugster

Congratulations (I think?) :D

Thank you? anyway , thanks to you guys im now double posting! :twisted: :wink:

The Big Bird Award:

This one is for the friendliest soul on the boards. Thoughts toward the vernacular aside, the winner of The Big Bird Award is someone who's always warm, friendly and fuzzy to the other members.

The nominees for this award include: just about everyone

Many thanks!

The Homer Simpson Award:

This award goes out to the funniest forum member. Whether it be wit, shock value, clever writing, or some other form of humor which I'm invariably forgetting, this member is always on top of it.

The nominees for this award include: Crazy Man Dan, Wither, Frojo, david.atwell, Bugster, Myrddin, Bob, mattblacklamb

The Pauly Shore Award:

This one goes to the unfunniest member. Maybe their wit isn't witty, or their shock value is too much. Whatever the case, here's your chance to recognize someone who specifically doesn't make you laugh. Oh, sure, they try... but always seem to come up short.

The nominees for this award include: Verndewd, topHATslash, david.atwell, usedHONDA, Bugster, Rick Brewster

You guys are weird~Ralph Wiggum

The Spool Awards:

This category recognizes members who are big names in certain threads or certain types of threads for their knowledge or help.

1) Captain N: (The UBB gamer) david.atwell (38%) Keep running those Hurt/Heal games!

2) The MVP: (The sports guru) pyrochild (100%) I guess we don't talk sports on this board. We had one vote... But, well played!

3) Siskel & Ebert: (The movie guru) Bugster (50%) Also a small vote.

4) Rolling Stone: (The music guru) MattBlackLamb (42%) Despite the fact that jake2k is in a band, MBL crushed him!

5) 101010: (The computer guru) Rick Brewster (38%) Let's see... the guy who wrote Paint.NET... wins! :D

Congrats to all!

Thank you ! i like this award :)

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

The Marlboro Award:

The runner-up with 20% of the vote is... barkbark00

And, the winner with 27% of the vote is... Helio

It's nice to see that my vote counted! (for barkbark00) Thank you bb00, and congratulations!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

All of the major award winners (sorry, no spool winners) have been given custom ranks as their trophy.

The Rank shows up just above their avatar. For an example, my rank is "Site Admin".

I hope you all enjoy your awards!

Note: I did not change any of the mod's ranks. And, multiple award winners only got one.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game