I can't figure out how to show shadowing of some objects.

@Myrddin, You do realize that working with a 1600x1200 file @ 96dpi has the same effect on your system as a 1600x1200 file @ 300dpi... :D

This is my second attempt at Paint.net and didn't have any trouble with an earlier version but this 3.2 seems to crash on me when I save anything.
You may need to take that over to Troubleshooting & Bug Reports

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

@barkbark00. How did you get a 'clean' copy of the door? Is that the magic wand thing in removing all the red??? I'm still learning... :)
I just used the rectangle selection tool to copy and paste like(similar) areas...

@Myrddin, You do realize that working with a 1600x1200 file @ 96dpi has the same effect on your system as a 1600x1200 file @ 300dpi... :D
Big numbers embellish the point of a big picture therefore making my circumstance seem more worse than it was, and whether said big numbers have any relevance to the conversation at hand or not. It's apparently some psychological affect which you have seen through...

Big numbers embellish the point of a big picture therefore making my circumstance seem more worse than it was, and whether said big numbers have any relevance to the conversation at hand or not. It's apparently some psychological affect which you seen through...
Thanks...I got my giggle for the day. :D

OK, it's me again.

@barkbark, Your shading, the example you posted here is a perfect shadow and is what I'm trying to accomplish. Mine comes out as faded gray lines and doesn't look very good. How did you get the greenish shadow as opposed to my grayish shadow? Yours looks natural/realistic and mine looks added on. I could use a green hue instead of gray but it still would be a add on and not blended in as yours is.

Thanks,

Rick

At my age, 'happy hour' is a nap...

My web site, http://www.allricksstuff.com is for narrow gauge train lovers...

Oops, forgot that step. Thanks again. I also tried it with a green fill and it looks pretty good, too.

I'm catching on, though.

I knew this app would be a good program. It's doing what I've always wanted to do but couldn't before now. I think I've got it, I just have to practice a bit more.

I've now got to figure out what's causing the 'save'/'save as' crashes.

Rick

At my age, 'happy hour' is a nap...

My web site, http://www.allricksstuff.com is for narrow gauge train lovers...