How to Install Plugins ×

AVI Frame Importer: AVIImport Version 4.0

Simon Brown

Update Posted

I'm sorry, at first I was confused about the plugin conflict - but then it happend to me as I was testing my new plugin. So I have posted an update that fixes it.

Edit: I think that the problem was that Paint.NET seems to pass the file type by index rather than by name or value but there are very few file type plugins availible and most support both opening and saving.

KaHuc.png

Anyways, that problem is fixed, however, changing the thumbnail size STILL isn't working. is it still the aviimportsettings or the REGEDIT way?

Anyways, it's a tad annoying still having the small thumbnail size. Though if anything the quality increases the higher those settings are.

is it still the aviimportsettings or the REGEDIT way?

It's still aviimportsettings for several technical reasons. If it is important I could consider bundling with the plugin a small program to make changing the settings easier.

Edit: As for the thumbnail size - do you mean the physical size? If so - what is your screen resolution?

KaHuc.png

is it still the aviimportsettings or the REGEDIT way?

It's still aviimportsettings for several technical reasons. If it is important I could consider bundling with the plugin a small program to make changing the settings easier.

Edit: As for the thumbnail size - do you mean the physical size? If so - what is your screen resolution?

I mean the physical size, yes. 1280 by 1024.

That's my resolution too so it cannot be that you just have a huge screen resolution.

Well, I guess I will include a new setting in the next version for the window size.

If you didn't write your code in IndirectUI and used WinForms, you can set a property which allows the user to increase the size of a certain object, CodeLab uses an example of this, if your un-sure how to do it.

Again nice update, i have just tested it out and all works fine (as it should :D ).

Updates: 2.5: Solves a plugin conflict bug (Notice: Do not try to save under this type as it will not work. I just used it to solve the problem).

Geoff

Signatureb.jpg

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '800' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
  at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
  at AVIImportSettings.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AVIImportSettings1
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Andrew/LOCALS~1/Temp/Temporary%20Directory%201%20for%20AVIImportSettings1.zip/AVIImportSettings1.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

While the program still works fine, I still got this message when I ran it. (The settings changer)

• 4 weeks later...

Update Posted

In this version you now have the option to open the whole video file as a filmstrip and the lousy save option from the previous version has been replaced with the ability to save the filmstrip as a video. The advantage of the filmstrip is that you can load and save the whole video and easily apply effects.

Please Note: The filmstrip option does use a lot of ram in long videos.

KaHuc.png

Wow, you have almost turned PDN into a video editor with this plugin. One question, does it open up the clips as a layer or image?

Yes, one of my aims is to make it possible to use pdn for video effects.

There are currently two options when loading. One is the same as before and the other opens an image with the frames side-by-side. I may add opening frames into layers option in the future.

KaHuc.png

I love the improvements in this plugin. I just ran a test with a short video and I'm just amazed at what PDN can do now! My test saved and played back fine; well, almost. The edited strip played a little slower than the original. It isn't that big of a deal, but I thought I'd point it out.

I'm liking this plugin for what it can do. :D

I love the improvements in this plugin. I just ran a test with a short video and I'm just amazed at what PDN can do now! My test saved and played back fine; well, almost. The edited strip played a little slower than the original. It isn't that big of a deal, but I thought I'd point it out.

I'm liking this plugin for what it can do. :D

The speed issue is because of the frame rate which I forgot to include a feature to change. I may in a future version.

KaHuc.png

• 1 month later...

Thought you might want to know that, whenever I try to download through Installer, I receive a prompt stating that an error has been encountered and whther I would like to continue. If you click "yes" then the program freezes.

I did the manual install and put the .dll's into the Effects folder in PDN but I cannot find the Effect anywhere after booting the program.

WindowsVista2Concept.png

My Internet Explorer 8 Concept....

My Deviant Art

My Forum