Paint.NET v3.22 Beta now available

Also, if you still have the plug-in Remove Noise (which you downloaded, not with PDN 3.22) it will still be there.
Didn't you implement some code which was to block plugins in this situation, Rick? Ah, found it, from the 3.20b1 release. A bug?

Looks like I only blocked the first download that Tom posted -- he also posted a 1.1. I've filed a bug, thanks.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I'll update this again to revamp the strength slider. I'm going to remove the negative range and adjust the increment so it's a little more keyboard-friendly. Also, I'm going to make the strongest setting stronger so that even the brighter areas of an image can be noise-reduced.

Which version of the effect was included? The 1.1 from the plugin forum or was it updated as written above?

Rick, I had the same built-in updating problem. It froze; I let it sit. But eventually it did finish! All the same, if it would be useful, I attached the file you requested:

removed by Rick, as per request

Oh, and if you could please remove this file from the post as soon as you get it, I would appreciate it. Even though it is most likely there is nothing dangerous in allowing it to be downloaded by the general public, they don't need to see it.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Hmm, I couldn't gleam anything from that log.

If anyone else is having trouble installing, please private message me. I have a version of the installer here that will log some additional information that will probably be helpful for me.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I too had suffered installation problems. Whilst updating, it was at the stage where it was removing the previous version (3.20), and that was were it froze. Using Task Manager, I stopped it. Next, I downloaded the .exe for 3.22 beta and installed it and now works fine!

PS: I see you've got a "cute" little icon for the reduce noise plugin!

PPS: Sorry, if i'm going completely off topic, but what do the numbers mean on the title bar when you open PDN. For example, this 3.22 beta release is Paint.NET 3.22 (Beta Release Build 3.22.2918.2902.) Bassicaly, what do the numbers after the Beta Release Build mean?

Ammount of time you still have to live

3days.22H..2918Min..2902sec.

just kidding :] actually i would like to know it too

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

I had exactly the same problem with v. 3.22:

I used the build-in update feature.

It downloaded ok, started to uninstall and stalled for ever (my patience lasted for three hours)

I killed the 4 processes and peeped into the installation directory. It was completely empty, although the subdirectories had files in them.

I got no icons on desktop or anywhere else.

I removed the entire directory tree, manually downloaded the file from the site and installed it without problems.

Now I was happy, but curious to see if I had a bohrbug or a heisenbug.

So, I uninstalled it, reinstalled v. 3.20 and tried to update again.

The bug promptly appeared again.

Satisfied that I got a bohrbug, I deleted again and reinstalled from the downloaded setup file.

Conclusion:

On my computer (and other computers as I see from this post) it is impossible to upgrade from 3.20 to 3.22 using the build-in updater.

I overcome the issue, but something has to be done for other users.

I use Windows XP SP2, .NET Framework 1.1 + 2.0 + 3.0, Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and I am the Administrator.

My computer has 2048 MB RAM, AMD K7 Sempron 3000+, 1920x1200x32bbp

PPS: Sorry, if i'm going completely off topic, but what do the numbers mean on the title bar when you open PDN. For example, this 3.22 beta release is Paint.NET 3.22 (Beta Release Build 3.22.2918.2902.) Bassicaly, what do the numbers after the Beta Release Build mean?

It represents the Major.Minor.Build.Revision

So the major is to represent how many times the program has been updated critically, like with the UI in 3.x, and the new structure work for 4.x. The minor is updated for new updates or new features, like 3.2x having the IndirectUI system, and the 3.22 version having the Reduce Noise plug-in. As for the build and revision, they don't really matter, and are generated by the computer. The only thing you should really worry about is the Major and Minor. I learnt that one night on the dA chat from Rick :)

If you want some more info, check here and here.

It represents the Major.Minor.Build.Revision

So the major is to represent how many times the program has been updated critically, like with the UI in 3.x, and the new structure work for 4.x. The minor is updated for new updates or new features, like 3.2x having the IndirectUI system, and the 3.22 version having the Reduce Noise plug-in. As for the build and revision, they don't really matter, and are generated by the computer. The only thing you should really worry about is the Major and Minor. I learnt that one night on the dA chat from Rick :)

If you want some more info, check here and here.

Thanks for that! So that explains the random number mystery (well I suppose it isn't a mystery now is it!)

think i found a bug, i had a picture open, then i tried to open a .cur file with pdn, and pdn just closed my open pic and opened the .cur file

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

no, i did, its not there

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

few changes,adding new plugin,this is good care for users,thank you

Rick,but why you change this: Fixed: Brightness / Contrast adjustment was only displaying its text in English

why? i like my yarkost/kontrast :) in place brightness / contrast , please explain

and why chosing internet explorer In Windows XP, when launching web content, sometimes Internet Explorer was used instead of the user's chosen default browser ; i like opera... and i'm not one.. anybody like firefox may be i just don't understand what you want to do

few changes,adding new plugin,this is good care for users,thank you

Rick,but why you change this: Fixed: Brightness / Contrast adjustment was only displaying its text in English

why? i like my yarkost/kontrast :) in place brightness / contrast , please explain

and why chosing internet explorer In Windows XP, when launching web content, sometimes Internet Explorer was used instead of the user's chosen default browser ; i like opera... and i'm not one.. anybody like firefox may be i just don't understand what you want to do

Because it's a bug. Bugs are meant to be fixed for convience, not for one person.

And secondly, Internet Explorer is the default internet browser when you get windows, so is the default one unless you change the setting. It isn't being byist, it's fixing bugs, and those bugs are fixed, and are also correct in how they are said.