Changing the colour of the inside of a room

ka1mi

Can anybody could help me out with this;

I have a photograph of the inside of a room with the wall and columns in the room painted blue and I'm trying to change them to yellow, but not just homogeneous yellow, I want to keep the shading and shadows in the cylindrical columns so it looks at least somewhat semi-real. Is there anyway to do this besides trying to do it pixel by pixel which would take years and be impossible?

Thanks!

Thanks for answering!

I've got the plugin and read through the whole thread about it but I'm still having problems. When I select the colour range and try to fade it, it sometimes doesn't seem to work on some photographs. Also it seems to me what I'm doing is just converting that part of the picture to what it would look like if the whole photograph was put into B&W. What I'm trying to do is change one colour (in my case blue) into another (yellow) which appears to be what the original poster achieved in the thread you linked me.

Any chance you could walk me through? I'd be really grateful.

Did you moved the range? What you have to do is move the color range (in the color wheel) to blue, that way, all the blue in that range changes to the hue you selected. The first slider is the Hue one, so you have to set it to yellow (first middle if I'm not wrong) and put it to Set, that way the blue will look yellow. You can try tweaking the other ones as well, see if you get better results.

The room isn't painted blue. That's just the sky/sun light passing through a window.

Anyway, these are the settings you would want to use in C H/S...I was matching based on the carpet color.

file.php?id=822&mode=view

1624_91ddb351761f9d4cf84c0000abc353df

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

:shock:

wha??

The columns are painted blue in the church, I'm trying to make them the same colour as the walls, yellow. Is there some incompatibility with this picture and the plugin or something? The only difference you made was to the underside ceiling of the gallery.

The picture is taken with a Canon EOS.

Thanks for your time btw! :)

How about this picture; This shows the roof of the church and the top of the blue columns, which I want to emasculate and make yellow;

11862_4d0c37908152732aed1334dd14ec01f8

The only difference you made was to the underside ceiling of the gallery.

Sorry, That's the part I though you wanted changed...that was the only blue I saw in the image.

Anyway, the columns are registering as nearly pure white(with shades of gray). Any color seems to be cast-off from the yellow walls and the stained wood. To see what I'm talking about, expand the Colors window and run the Color Picker tool :ColorPicker: over the columns. The saturation value never exceeds 7, and it's almost never blue.

That is why the columns don't change, cuz there is nothing to change.

I will try and think of another easy way to adjust this...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

• 5 months later...

Use the color picker to get the color of the wall, set the color transparency to about 190, then make a new layer use the paint bucket on the new layer, then cut the parts you don't want colored.

quick version:

91187508ia1.jpg