JPG Thumbnail

Znupi

Ok here goes. I took a picture (in JPG format). I cropped it using Paint.NET and saved it with another name. Now, the thumbnail windows explorer shows represents the old picture (uncropped) although when I open it it's the new, cropped one. Is this a bug? It should represent the new, cropped picture, shouldn't it? And yes, I did refresh the window a few times to make sure.

Using PDN 3.20.

pdnsig.gif

If on XP:

Right click it -> refresh thumbnail

If it doesn't help, then you can try deleting Thumbs.db in that folder (it's hidden, so if you can't find it you can show hidden files or delete it in the commandline or with a batch file)

edit: oh no, you said you saved under an other name? so how can there be a problem?

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

Znupi, here is your answer:

Copy and paste the image (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) into a completely new canvas and save.

This happens because the thumbnail is preserved as part of the image's metadata.

Rick plans to implement a metadata editor in a future version of Paint.NET. Until then, we have this workaround.