jerkfight

The Introduction Thread.

I might as well introduce myself as I thought I would just be in and out but I haven't. So anyway I'm me, I draw fan comics in pencil then scan them in and digitally ink and color them with paint.net. I'll never post anything I draw.

Why not? D:

Hello! I'm new to this forum and to this software. I found it while looking for alternatives to Photoshop. I think it would be suitable for the kind of work I'm intended to do. I'm pretty much a n00b when coming to editing photos or creating banner, or signatures, that kind of stuff. But I'm going to start a Youtube channel and, well, I really need to learn something. I rather prefer starting with a easiest program than Photoshop (I already try it, was horrible, darn hard). Hope to learn something with Paint.net and get some advices on how to create things. For now I'm just starting, I need to figure it out how to make a Youtube banner, and that, my friends, is going to be a God task.

Anyway, that's it. My real name is Bernardo and I'm from Argentina. Hope to get well with this community. Regards!

PS: Sorry for possible bad english and/or misspelling.

Hi Hasskar. Welcome. Look forward to seeing what you do with the program. We will help you where we can. :D

Thanks! Yeah, I found some really nice tutorials on Youtube, by a Youtuber called Yakobelt (thought it took some time of searching) and I think I did a good job, I guess xD. I had to do a big deal of translation but I could follow the tutorial to do something basic at least. With time, I'll get better (I hope :P)

grp9OsF.png

Hi friends,

Good Day to you all. Let me tell about myself. I am Pratyush (a part of my legal name). I currently live in Pune, India. I am in my early twenties but still have a sort of child-like nature. i.e. to say i like comics, games ,anime , food more than what most of grown-up people enjoy. I am somewhat introvert. I have registered in this forum long ago but now I have decided to introduce myself.

I came across paint.net in summer of 2012 during my college days.I was just aimlessly wandering on internet.Then, I happen to came to a page which had description of paint.net . I remember it has something written " like MS-Paint but with layers." I thought "it sounds cool, May be I can try it." To my amazement, it was not only cool but really ,really awesome.

I had tried to learn Photoshop on someone's PC, it was overkill. Everything here was so simple that in few days i started to love paint.net . I came to know about the forum and plug-in after a long time. Until that i have no idea about plugins. So i spent many next days on visiting forums posts and installing plugins. I loved it a lot but wanted some features very much i.e. soft brushes and ready-made shapes. When i heard the news of v4, i was waiting eagerly for it. Honestly, it was a long wait. But v4.0 offered much more than i thought of. I love v4.0 for its brushes and stuffs so much that i can't believe how i lived without it.

Thank you Rick for making such a piece of awesome software. Your dedication for this work is worth admiring. I love to see how far you have taken this work in last ten years and in future, where you are going to take this masterpiece.

Your forum is very friendly forum and there are several nice people are here.To mention so many names here may sound rude. So, i will refrain it to the limit of two. I like TR for his horde of plugins and my favorite is EER. He does a lot of work here along with humor and effort. How he manages everything is an enigma.

I may be familiar to forum but i am pretty much n00b when it comes to editing photo or digital art or participating in forum. I am looking for having a good time here with you friends and participating in forum as much.

P.S. I have read Forum Rules and Guidelines. I will abide by them and try my utmost to not to go stray from them.

Once again everyone, Have a nice day. :)

• Upvote 2

Hello and welcome to you Pratyush  I have to say that is a really nice introduction to yourself of here. As you most likely know there is plenty of help available on the forum and your always welcome to ask if your unsure about anything. Nice to have you on here :)

Hi Hasskar and Pratyush - so nice to have you here welcome.gif    We are certainly an International bunch on here now.  Paint.NET has reached all over the globe - so cool.

Pratyush - you write so eloquently in English :music: .  Yes, your explanation of the differences between PS and PDN are believed by many ...... PDN is much more user-friendly.

I think everyone loves @EER on here. Just a suggestion ....... have a look at @EER's PDN book and sneak a peak at his photo smiley-love016.gif

We have a lot of gifted Plugin people on this forum.  How they write these is unfathomable to me and they are really clever folk :bmw:

As @DD says ... don't be shy to ask any questions and look forward to seeing some of your worksmileys-painting-935133.gif

Hi Pratyush, welcome to the forum. Yours is by far one of the nicest introductions on here I have read, I hope you enjoy your time on here and always remember, we are a helpful and friendly bunch who will advise you if you need tips and guidance. I agree with you about photoshop. I could never get to grips with it, as mentioned by Pixey, paint.net is more user friendly, there is some really good plugins to be found on here too. Again a warm welcome to you :)

Hello friends,

Thank you all, for such a warm welcome. I am feeling elated. :D This is a happy day.

Thanks Pixey ,for appreciating my words and language. I was wondering how to write, so that it seem appropriate and nice.
It is said that 'A picture can convey a thousand words' but i think that words together can paint a picture. B)
Pixey, I have seen @EERs photo.He is different from what i thought. He is quite handsome. isn't it? :/

Hi @EER, Thank you. It's nice to meet you.

@Nn79, Yup, I felt similar with photoshop. No offense, but after after trying hard for a month in it, I was literally like "Somebody help me!" I couldn't get hold of it. :P

@DD, Thanks a lot for warm welcome. By the way, I have two questions which is quite off-topic.

i) How do signature work while posting? I have saved mine but it doesn't shows when i post anything. :| 

ii)Can the posts of new topic be saved and edited before posting? I may happen that content in topic may be so large that they couldn't be finished in one go. :/

Have a nice day, everyone. :)

Handsome? Moi? :lol:

It's an old photo - and one that was completely flattering. I chose it for this reason!

yhsjjie-267.png

Here's what I usually look like...

yhsjjie-313.png

Gosh I'm getting old.. :(

• Upvote 1

@EER - you are definitely a ruggedly handsome man ...... and so nice to boot :) .

@Pratyush - hope these steps will answer your question:

For Signature:

1.Go to the top right-hand corner and click on the arrow next to your name – you will get a drop down menu.

choose My settings.

2. On the left you will see an option for Signature – click on this.

3. You will then see the area for adding your signature.

I always choose to click on the ‘light switch’ tANoNgc.png (top left corner of the edit page) so that

you can add the code and then be able to see if it is going to work.

4. You must first have your signature saved on an outside site, like photobucket

or Imgur where you get the code.

5.To add the code, type with SQUARE brackets (instead of the curly brackets I’m using to show you)

{centre}{img=put in here the url code for the signature}{/centre}

6.Then click back on the light switch and you will see if it loads OK – if so, then choose ‘save changes’.

7 Remember the signature has to be exactly the allowable size of 500 x 150

As for your second question:

If you start your own Gallery in ‘The Pictorium’ ( by starting a new thread) you will see at the bottom of the thread there is an option to EDIT.  Each time you want to add something new, you will use that to add new stuff. 

Always check the bottom of the edit page and choose Use Full Editor, then you will have an option to Preview Post after you add something.

It takes a bit of getting used to.

Good luck :)

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 1

@EER - Whatever you say, you still look nice. In second picture you really look like a computer nerd. :lol:

@Pixey - Thanks Pixey, Its working now. :) :)

Hi @Sammy66 and welcome to PDN :)

You say you've been playing with different plugins, so I guess you know how to get one if it's not in a tut you attempt to do?  Here is the thread to down load the newest plugins for v4.  And here is how to download and insert them into PDN.

As you will have seen, there are plenty of Beginner Tutorials in the Tutorial section to try.  And here is one by our own @Yellowman on how to make a signature on his YouTube chanel here.

Good Luck with your venture ;)

EER: We're ALL getting old. It doesn't matter. The soul is always young. 

Don't fret about your age because you're quite handsome. :)

uhhh HI. B) (im really bad with intros) Im A high-school student who later on down the line Wants to become an animator and Sequental artist! (i dont know if this would actually help me with that But Paint.net is one of my fun hobbys) Anyway ice been using paint.net for a couple of months and decided to join the forums.sooooooo HI!!

Hey there GB! Welcome to the forum :D

You'll notice that I've merged your thread into this one: The Introduction Thread. It seems a good fit yes?

thanks Im really bad at finding things.

Also is it to early too start my own Gallery/ Improvement thread?

Edited by Galactic Bagel