Sign in to follow this  
Yata

Fractal Discussion

Racnoss Web: (Made in Apophysis 3D)

Apophysis-080220-102.png

(those of you who watch Doctor Who will probably know why I chose this name) :wink:

EDIT: Here is another one

Apophysis-080220-103.png

I finally decided to make my first fractual.

Here it is.

that looks like some of my first fractals too :D but now i use apophysis more and i use the beta version of apophysis so i can get a transparent background but i brought my friend into the world of fractals telling him about paint.net then chaoscope and terragen :D ...now ive told him about gimp and apophysis :D

Here it is.

Well done sabrown100! You're really starting to get there now!

PS: You've spelled FRACTAL wrong - it is NOT fractUal! Sorry for my harshness - I tend to be very "snappy" about spellings! :wink:

Here it is.

that looks like some of my first fractals too :D but now i use apophysis more and i use the beta version of apophysis so i can get a transparent background but i brought my friend into the world of fractals telling him about paint.net then chaoscope and terragen :D ...now ive told him about gimp and apophysis :D

Don't forget blender.

Here it is.

Don't forget blender.

never heard of blender :D ill look it up :D

http://www.blender3d.org

i had a look at the stuff you can make with it and it looks amazing!! so i downloaded it and it looks sooooo complicated but im sure ill get the hang of it...i dont have much modelling experience but ive made quite a few decent maps for unreal tournamnt which uses meshes and stuff...the only thing ive made in blender so far has been a square(which is already there :D lol) and a cone which was part of the cube but parts stuck out like spikes :D

http://www.blender3d.org

i had a look at the stuff you can make with it and it looks amazing!! so i downloaded it and it looks sooooo complicated but im sure ill get the hang of it...i dont have much modelling experience but ive made quite a few decent maps for unreal tournamnt which uses meshes and stuff...the only thing ive made in blender so far has been a square(which is already there :D lol) and a cone which was part of the cube but parts stuck out like spikes :D

If blender is to hard for you there is a simpler one. But personally I don't really like it.

If blender is to hard for you there is a simpler one. But personally I don't really like it.

blenders fine for me ive found some simple tutorials for it on wikibooks/wiki which is still complicated but ive found out how to transform a cube into a sphere but its still simple stuff

blenders fine for me ive found some simple tutorials for it on wikibooks/wiki which is still complicated but ive found out how to transform a cube into a sphere but its still simple stuff

3d modelling is great once you get the hang of it - but this thread is about fractuals. Maybe I should start one about 3d modelling.

3d modelling is great once you get the hang of it - but this thread is about fractuals. Maybe I should start one about 3d modelling.

NO! WE have enough useless threads already. It would wither and die. We don't have enough 3D modelling fans here for a new thread.

NO! WE have enough useless threads already. It would wither and die. We don't have enough 3D modelling fans here for a new thread.

*cough lot of terragen fans out there

Mmm, a few, myself included.

To stay ontopic: I'm gonna render some fractals soon. Hopefully, they'll turn out well.

I just don't understand how to make a fractal. Do you have to write a code or something? :shock:

depends on program you use

Apophysis-Moving triangles with different variations around

Chaoscope- using attractors