Sign in to follow this  
Yata

Fractal Discussion

Urrghh, i need to know how to make these amazing fractals!!! I now have apophysis 3D Hack, but its kinda complicated, any simple straight forward steps to making a plain render?

I mean what is all of those down the side?

Thanks, oh and rendering to disk to a long time?

Urrghh, i need to know how to make these amazing fractals!!! I now have apophysis 3D Hack, but its kinda complicated, any simple straight forward steps to making a plain render?

Rendering time depends on your quality, resolution, etc, settings.

Heres a simple intro:

Use the transform editor to edit a fractal. Theres a button on the toolbar to open it.

This should open a window with some triangles, a preview window, and a tabbed area. In the tab area, select Variations and a list of names and values will pop up. These control the shape and overall outcome of the fractal, and are the sole basis of it. Try toying with these to get different shapes etc.

Also, remember that you can add, move, and manipulate triangles.

Theres tons of tools in Apo and you'll figure them out as you go.

Rendering time depends on your quality, resolution, etc, settings.

Heres a simple intro:

Use the transform editor to edit a fractal. Theres a button on the toolbar to open it.

This should open a window with some triangles, a preview window, and a tabbed area. In the tab area, select Variations and a list of names and values will pop up. These control the shape and overall outcome of the fractal, and are the sole basis of it. Try toying with these to get different shapes etc.

Also, remember that you can add, move, and manipulate triangles.

Theres tons of tools in Apo and you'll figure them out as you go.

Thank you soo much, i could work out how to edit them, i thought you had to use the pre rendered ones!

TY

@ vista?-- That is a really good looking fractal. As far as the coloring, you couldn't get any better then that.

@ JS92- As far as the scrips that go down the left side, they are good learning tools. Click on one then get into the transform editor like Yata described to you and look at how the triangles are and what the settings in the variations box are set on.Go ahead and play around with the settings and the triangles. Its fun to mess up something that someone else has started.

@ rasengan105 - Good luck in your studies. I mess your laptop too. :cry: (Though not as much as you.)

Time travel

I spent 15 minutes on rendering this. :P

Only 15 minutes? Some of my fractals take hours.

Blimey! What do you do for all that time as the rendering would be using a lot of your CPU thus doing browsing the net would be very hard or is this problem just for me? :roll:

I spent 15 minutes on rendering this. :P

Only 15 minutes? Some of my fractals take hours.

Blimey! What do you do for all that time as the rendering would be using a lot of your CPU thus doing browsing the net would be very hard or is this problem just for me? :roll:

Dual core and 4 gigs of ram. I could play 2 games at the same time, browse the internet, and render a fractal all at the same time. :D

Submission for the FC will be closed at March 7th, 11:00 EST. If any of you want to join in, hurry it up! ;)

I'll find something to render...

*hits F3 frantically*

Submission for the FC will be closed at March 7th, 11:00 EST. If any of you want to join in, hurry it up! ;)

I'll find something to render...

*hits F3 frantically*

LOL brings back lots of memories...oh can i enter in one i already made...*runs off*

that was actually the first thing i did, but then i felt lazy, and i had hw, and i dont have time to make a new fractal edit it...and all the other fun stuff

Hi Yata.

That has got to be the best fractal that I have ever seen.It's a fractal in the pure sense, in that you can see the main design in it to the smallest degree.

You should be very proud of it. :D (I'm making it sound like your child or something.)

11 hours. That's a long wait.

Jim