Sign in to follow this  
Yata

Fractal Discussion

@Yata, your final entry will probably be amazing.

Final? For FC? You don't get to edit your entry. The one i submitted is the one counting.

Those are just my normal fractals which I post on dA.

are we alowed to use scripts??

what?? how do use a script in fractal making!!! that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard which will probably turn out to be true.

what?? how do use a script in fractal making!!! that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard which will probably turn out to be true.

Apophysis supports scripts which automate the making of flame fractals via the delphi language (i think). Sometimes it creates the same fractal over and over, and sometimes it just makes the same fractal with different # of variations each time. It's a nice way to learn, but it's not creative.

Apophysis supports scripts which automate the making of flame fractals via the delphi language (i think). Sometimes it creates the same fractal over and over, and sometimes it just makes the same fractal with different # of variations each time. It's a nice way to learn, but it's not creative.

oh right. so you need coding knowledge then.

anyway, my fractals are still bad but i haven't given up yet.

The language is pretty straight forward.

Clear; <- clears the current fractal

AddTransform; <- creates a new transform and adds variations
With Transform do
Begin
   linear3D := 0;
   cylinder := random / 10 + 0.1;
   post_rotate_x := random * 2;
   post_rotate_y := random * 2;
   ztranslate := random - 0.5;
   Scale(15);
   rotate(random * 360);
end;

flame.pitch := 1; <- some flame settings
flame.perspective := 0.2;
CalculateBounds;  

Theres a lot of scripts on dA.

The language is pretty straight forward.

Clear; <- clears the current fractal

AddTransform; <- creates a new transform and adds variations
With Transform do
Begin
   linear3D := 0;
   cylinder := random / 10 + 0.1;
   post_rotate_x := random * 2;
   post_rotate_y := random * 2;
   ztranslate := random - 0.5;
   Scale(15);
   rotate(random * 360);
end;

flame.pitch := 1; <- some flame settings
flame.perspective := 0.2;
CalculateBounds;  

Theres a lot of scripts on dA.

**faints**

this looks harder than when i started learning css - still, i'll have a try.

i think a script that you make is more creative than just pressing about a few sliders.

Well, yes, most scripting is harder than CSS. If you want to learn, try modifying a simple script to change things around and gradually make more advanced changes until you know how to start from scratch.

Well, yes, most scripting is harder than CSS. If you want to learn, try modifying a simple script to change things around and gradually make more advanced changes until you know how to start from scratch.

Good idea, thx. :P **remembers the days when he had to still grasp the concept of css and shudders.** :wink:

**faints**

i think a script that you make is more creative than just pressing about a few sliders.

No it's not. Pressing a few sliders, pushing a few buttons, and doing these things is what fractaling is about. Scripts are jus that: a quickie fractal. To get the best result, you have to make it from scratch or at lest tweak the fractal a lot after running the script.

**faints**

No it's not. Pressing a few sliders, pushing a few buttons, and doing these things is what fractaling is about. Scripts are jus that: a quickie fractal. To get the best result, you have to make it from scratch or at lest tweak the fractal a lot after running the script.

IMHO writing scripts is much harder. With dragging sliders you can just drag them around randomly until you see something you like and even if you know what each one does surely you are just picking attributes for different parts of your fractal. Creating scripts involves thinking about each step in the complexity in the fractal and improving it is more than just realising that when the slider is in another position the fractal is better.

Scripts are not any fun. You have to get in there and move those triangles around, look and find the right gradient,and watch for something that looks like what your looking for.I look for something that looks shinny.

I'm being watched

I'm really not being watched. That's the name of the fractal.

Look, scripts extend the easibilty of the base variations and features. They are more limited than actually doing things yourself. It's similar to using a macro to make an image than just doing it yourself.

Scripts = nothing without knowledge of how to push those sliders anyway. Most of the time scripts are made to automate a small tedious task and not to just create fractals.

New fractal:

Home of the Phoenix

Both of those fractals are really good looking to me Yata.

Oh, thanks for the fav. That was the first one that I've ever received.

I haven't quite figured every thing out about DA yet but I'm learning.

I decided to make something like an anomaly from Primeval with Apophysis 3D but I'm not as experienced as you guys but I ended up with this:

331hg7k.png

It's a bit colourless (which I did intentionally as anomalies are "colour-less")

I actually like that. Nice job!

BTW, anymore entries to FC? Come on guys, fractal art isn't always as clear as it seems, and even the less experienced can make mind blowing stuff.

And you have to learn one way or another.