Is there a beginner tutorial?

you can start with Withers basic tutorial let me find it ill post where it is

EDIT:here it is http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21605

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

There are some things here that a beginner can do.

I guess it depends on how much of a beginner you are. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

If you hit F1 from within the program, the help file will open. You can also try http://searchpaint.net - between the two of those, most of your problems should be solved.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Maybe I am just dense, but there are two problems I can't figure out the answer too after spending quite a bit of time with the help.

1) For some reason, the program seems to have decided not to show anything I do now. It's not doing it in white -- even if I try to put something over something that is already there, it doesn't show.

2) I can't for the life of me figure out how to select one object, such as a line, then drag an endpoint to move it . . . or, for another example, select text, then edit the text.

1) For some reason, the program seems to have decided not to show anything I do now. It's not doing it in white -- even if I try to put something over something that is already there, it doesn't show.

Make sure that the layer isn't invisible (unchecked) or set to 0% opacity. Also, make sure that the color you're using isn't transparent.

2) I can't for the life of me figure out how to select one object, such as a line, then drag an endpoint to move it . . . or, for another example, select text, then edit the text.

There's a very good reason for that. You can't do it yet. It's something planned for version 4.0. :-) Until then, you should draw and type these things on their own layer, so that they can be more easily edited.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.