Wish for 4.0 version

Hi people...

I was not registered on the forum but i use sometimes that program, i love the speed an light weight of Paint.net... i'm not sure if my wish is been explained before, sorry if is been asked before.

I love Paint.net but there's one thing i really really dislike (that's also why i hate Photoshop and stick with programs like Paint Shop Pro)... i dislike the floating windows over the canvas... it would be GREAT if you can implement dockable palettes and tools that stay in it's own zone and let the canvas alone hehe...

...I mean something like the last developing versions of Inkscape where you can decide to dock some palettes and windows in their own space... that would be for me the major step forward in Paint.net for future versions.

Greets

tuqueque.

You should read the rules. It would direct you to the Popular Feature requests thread, in which this is discussed. Rick has stated that this will not happen.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hi again...

david.atwell: i did read the rules before posting and the Popular Feature requests stuff before posting, don't worry about that, i'm polite enough to take the time for that, thanks for your suggestion, but the point you are referring to, i think is not exactly what i meant, what i meant is exactly what BoltBait offered a solution for...

BoltBait: thanks so much for your suggestion! is exactly what i was looking for!

Now i LOVE Paint.net!!!... screw you PaintShopPro hahahaha :wink:

seriously thanks!... hehe a just realized i now look like a complete noob hahaha

greets

tuqueque

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... made me LAUGH! haha :lol:

make that my 3th post hehe...

I use Paint.net mostly for image retouching, i work in 3d imagery so the main things i do is a little painting to retouch here and there and most of all is working with layers to give the image some glow effect...

it'll be great also when masks appears in future versions (i'm aware is planned) and maybe some other cool filters, i love that for the next version is planned to include the "reduce noise" filter :)

I'm sorry! I misunderstood. That happens often. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... made me LAUGH! haha :lol:

make that my 3th post hehe...

I use Paint.net mostly for image retouching, i work in 3d imagery so the main things i do is a little painting to retouch here and there and most of all is working with layers to give the image some glow effect...

it'll be great also when masks appears in future versions (i'm aware is planned) and maybe some other cool filters, i love that for the next version is planned to include the "reduce noise" filter :)

when you say masks, are you referring to layer masks or something like an alpha mask? Paint.Net is awesome with the alpha mask, can create text with pictures showing through, etc. Have you tried Shape 3d, it's awesome, as well as countless other plugins, can't name them all! Have fun while you're here, best forum I have ever belonged to. :wink:

david.atwell: it's ok :), BoltBait is right, i'm a noob hehe... actually thanks for all the comments, what a nice and friendly community you have here! :) so much love! haha

startreksuite: Ahhrrgh!! right, i confused terms :oops: ... i meant adjustment and effects layers!... i read it is planned for 4.x version!

thanks

tuqueque

david.atwell: it's ok :), BoltBait is right, i'm a noob hehe... actually thanks for all the comments, what a nice and friendly community you have here! :) so much love! haha

startreksuite: Ahhrrgh!! right, i confused terms :oops: ... i meant adjustment and effects layers!... i read it is planned for 4.x version!

thanks

tuqueque

Thanks for clarifying. In my search for the perfect image editor, I tried PSP and Serif, which had what you just described. I see their usefulness, but I guess I'm not that efficient yet, since I haven't found a time I have needed it. ( Not looking for a pity party, but am not the most talented person on the forum, or versed for that matter).