Regarding Contrast/Brightness issues

Since the final release of 3.20, there were reports that the localisations of the brightness/contrast adjustment are buggy. Now it seems for me that not the translations have bugs, but Paint.NET itself.

1) Not only PT-BR and DE are affected but other languages as well.

frbo2.png

jpte7.png

2) I converted the .RESOURCES files to the resx-format using ResGen from the .Net 2 SDK. Looking inside the RESX files (readable for human beings) I found this:

From PaintDotNet.Strings.3.PT-BR:

Brilho

(...)

Contraste

From PaintDotNet.Strings.3.DE:

Helligkeit

(...)

Kontrast

3) Now the English PaintDotNet.Strings.3 to compare it:

Brightness

(...)

Contrast

I, as a noob, don't know the actual influence of the typo ("Adjustmnet") but for me it looks as the text strings are present and translated but Paint.NET doesn't use them. If I'm correct, this is no mistake of the translators and it will not be useful the forward it to them. It's a bug of Paint.NET itself. :?:

I hope this is a help.

Note: I made this new topic to have a central place for it, also I don't think it belongs to the Paint.NET 3.20 thread where I wrote about this issue before. And I decided for the bugs section rather than the localization part, as in my eyes this is a bug while the localization is correct.

Well, congratulations. :)

One question left: Will we have to wait half an year or will there be an update, maybe after the next weeks? (3.21 - no new features but bug fixes.)

Rick has spoiled us often in the past by releasing bug fixes and such every few weeks. It likely won't be too long before 3.21 is ready to go. :)

The plan is to have a v3.22 release in mid-January with some fixes and the inclusion of Tom's new Reduce Noise effect.

So until then: enjoy the holidays! I'm playing video games.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg