How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

:( drat that sucks, oh well

Why does that suck? A new plugin's a new plugin, regardless of who made it.

Sorry for spillin' the beans, BoltBait. Wasn't on purpose, just forgot to censor the screenshot. Heh.

sorry, what I thought you meant was you were giving someone an example and that it wasnt a real plugin.

I cant wait.

omExTE6.png

Pyro,

Would you be able to develop a plugin that divided an image into puzzle shaped pieces? My thought would be to let the user define the number and size of the puzzle pieces and perhaps even choose between traditional and non traditional puzzle pieces (such as hexagons).

• 2 weeks later...

PyroChild Scenes:

I am known as the smudge man for shouting "I'M SMUDGING! I'M SMUDGING!" at 2 am.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/Code_Ember/daredevil_v3.png

Code_Ember passed away on October 25, 2008. The Paint.NET forum staff and members wish his family and friends only the best in this difficult time.

Pyro,

Would you be able to develop a plugin that divided an image into puzzle shaped pieces? My thought would be to let the user define the number and size of the puzzle pieces and perhaps even choose between traditional and non traditional puzzle pieces (such as hexagons).

I think it would be simpler just to do that manually... Besides, I suddenly find myself with very little free time. Somehow I got switched into more AP classes than I signed up for. And the counselors won't let me switch out... :roll:

I am known as the smudge man for shouting "I'M SMUDGING! I'M SMUDGING!" at 2 am.
Me too! :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

when i do this my splatter doesn't work.... it's invisible....

IchigoSig.png

My personality refelcts my lifestyle, but my lifestyle is awsome so guess what that means?

Make sure you're using a color to splatter that isn't transparent, and also make sure that the layer you are splattering on is visible.

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am debating switching to an installer for my plugin package. It will be a very simple executable, will not write anything to the registry, allow the user to change the installation location, select which plugins they want, etc. Nothing invasive. In essence, it will simply be an automation of dropping files from a ZIP to the Effects folder. The reason I want to do this is that so many of the bug reports of my package are due to not having the common dll, that actual bugs get lost in the madness.

Feedback? Agreement? Objection? Other ideas? French toast?

xZYt6wl.png

Well the main reason for having the installer would be to not allow them to make this mistake. Having the ZIP available as well will defeat the purpose.

I might have the exe be zip-compatible, though.

xZYt6wl.png

I just wanna thank you first, pyrochild, becuase I have recently come to appreciate how amazing some of these are.

Secondly, are you considering updating Random Shape Fill in the future? I love it, really, its so useful, but I thought it would be cool if you could do extra stuff with it, like picking glyphs from a font to fill with. Another thing that would be useful is the ability to 'stay inside' a curved selection, but I realise this is very hard to do :P

picking glyphs from a font to fill with.
Good idea.
Another thing that would be useful is the ability to 'stay inside' a curved selection, but I realise this is very hard to do :P
That's already on "the list" and will be worked on. Eventually. Effing AP Art History....

xZYt6wl.png

I can't figure out how to apply custom brushes. What do I run? The User Files folder is not in my documents. Help? :?:

On the Colors window in Paint.NET, there are 2 buttons right above the panel of swatches at the bottom. Click on the one on the right, then click "Open Palettes Folder." That will either show you where the folder already was, or create it if it didn't already exist. Note that doing this will show you where Paint.NET User Files\Palettes is, not Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes. You may still have to create the Custom Brushes folder.

xZYt6wl.png

Hello ORION46.

An error message you say? Could you copy the error message to here for us, please, also any crash logs that may have appeared on your desktop (if applicable)?

You see, we aren't psychics and can't diagnose bugs with no clue to the cause of the error ;).

Hey this looks like a great plugin pack but i cannot get it to download. Says that the file doesn't appear to be hosted any more. Any other way to get this? Thanks in advance :D

I can confirm what he says :(

I hope you can get this back up and running soon.

sig.jpg

Hey this looks like a great plugin pack but i cannot get it to download. Says that the file doesn't appear to be hosted any more. Any other way to get this? Thanks in advance :D

I can confirm what he says :(

I hope you can get this back up and running soon.

:?: :? Strange. Works for me.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.