How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

lol, blooper showing off his 1337 smudge skills. :P

I think it'd be a cool idea to have quality under 50%. At about 50% quality, you can mimic clipping masks in smudge, and i doubt 50% quality was made for clipping masks. Who knows what less than 50% could do? :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks your very helpful. Unlike the guy with the BMW sig that is admin of this site. lol.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that working for 5 years on a software tool that I'm giving away to you for free was considered "unhelpful" :roll::roll::roll:

Pffft.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

These are all very useful plugins, thank youu

...But for some reason the smudge one isnt working for me :(

I download it, unzip and save to desktop, copy then paste in the effects folder.

Then when I go to use it in the program, Ill select it then Im prompted with a plugin error message and have to restart paint.NET This happens everytime. Ive tried saving it different ways and still nothing.

Can anyone please helppp?

EDIT: just found out that the splatter and curves dont work either, I forgot I had installed them. However, the borders n' shapes still works.

Do you have the newest version of Paint.NET? How about the newest version of pyrochild's common effects dll?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Do you have the newest version of Paint.NET? How about the newest version of pyrochild's common effects dll?

I do have the latest version PDN (v3.36) as far as I know of.

And yes, also the other file thing. Im assuming thats the files I downloaded from box.net...

Do I have to install ALL the plugins from that?

Really have no idea whats going on here hah

Hey i am just wondering about something because you have a really cool splatter effect and i would really like to use it commercially to make some T-shirts but don't worry i am not this huge T-shirt seller im just trying to start his business so do you think i could use it ? Thank you very much and by the way i think it is awesome :D

*PATGRAPHART* WWW.PATGRAPHART.WEBS.COM

Please post the crash log so we can better understand the problem and help you.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Smudge.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge

Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.5.3285.4938, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.5.3285.4938, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

this?

• 2 weeks later...

pyrochild,

I have run several searches on the forum, but I cannot find anywhere where you say under exactly what license you publish your plugin pack. There also doesn't seem to be any note of this in the .zip file either. I use PDN at work a lot to create little images for my OneNote notebooks and other things, but in order to use your plugin pack, our legal team has to see a license notice so that we can be sure we won't violate your copyright. Could you please include a copyright notice of some sort in the next version of your plugin pack? Thanks a ton; I look forward to being able to make borders around text!

ila

There are no restrictions on artwork that is produced or modified by my plugins as part of a normal Paint.NET or ScriptLab Batch Processor workflow.

The only restrictions would concern redistribution/modification of the plugin files themselves.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...

What does the community think of this idea:

A canvas-based plugin (a la Smudge, Splatter, Custom Brushes) that would apply any of Paint.NET's blend modes as brushes?

This would take care of the obvious Dodge, Burn, Lighten, Darken, and Glow; and also have some potentially interesting results with things like Difference, Negation, Screen, and XOR.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I think that idea is :D . Its an awesome workaround for dodge and burn.

Just throwing a suggestion out, so, would certain ranges, i.e. shadows, midtones and highlights (something to do with luminosity value? ) with the brush and blend mode be possible?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.