How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

None of your plugins are showing up. I unzipped it and put everything in the Effects folder. Is there something in there that needs to be elsewhere? I just reinstalled paint.net and many other plugins and I can get all of them to work but yours. It's bumming me out because I really love your smudge tool and I use it quite often.

Are you using Paint.NET v3.5.5?

Did you install pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll?

What OS?

Is there anything in Utilities > View Plugin Load Errors?

I have Paint.net v 3.5.4 because it said the other one was still in beta as of a week or so ago when I did the install. I guess I need that one.

Yes I did instally the pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll. I downloaded all your effects from the first post of this thread and installed them all in the effects folder

Vista 64 bit home

Yes, apparently it's not compatible so I guess I need to uninstall Paint.net all and start over again. /facepalm I wonder why it didn't give me that error the first time I put in your plugins, only after I deleted and tried installing them again.

Ok I reinstalled Paint.net and then your plugins. I finally got it to work with some digging. Vista for some reason has the program in two places: C:\Programs and C:\Programs(x86) I had to update the dlls in both Effects folders before it would work. Now I need a nap. :P

Edited by JanetteRaven

Ok I reinstalled Paint.net and then your plugins. I finally got it to work with some digging. Vista for some reason has the program in two places: C:\Programs and C:\Programs(x86) I had to update the dlls in both Effects folders before it would work. Now I need a nap. :P

That's because you're using Vista 64bit. Since Paint.NET is 64bit, you only need to put them in Program Files.

KaHuc.png

That's because you're using Vista 64bit. Since Paint.NET is 64bit, you only need to put them in Program Files.

Well it didn't do that with the previous versions so that threw me off. It doesn't help that my computer seems to have a mind of it's own. I can smudge again and that's all that really matters. :)

pyrochild, a thought entered my mind while I was playing with your wonderful Smudge tool (I totally love the Jitter function, it gives a more oil painting look when used on a very low setting). Anyway, is it possible to incorporate the function of PowerStretch and Smudge and create a swanky new Plug-in?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

pyrochild, a thought entered my mind while I was playing with your wonderful Smudge tool (I totally love the Jitter function, it gives a more oil painting look when used on a very low setting). Anyway, is it possible to incorporate the function of PowerStretch and Smudge and create a swanky new Plug-in?

Wouldn't that be similar to Photoshop's Liquefy plugin?

• 3 weeks later...

Pyrochild. A suggestion for your lovely Trail plugin: Allow us to edit the "radius" of the "fade out". Currently it only fades out at a preset amount that changes with the length of the trail. Allowing us to set that factor would make it even better than it already is!

Thanks.

Edit: typo.

Edited by Weylin

• 4 weeks later...

I've just stumbled over your new plugin pack (well, I was to lazy to update, forgive me) and tried out twist.

It reminds me of some photo cartoon maker freeware I had when I was younger.

But it had some features that I'd love to see implemented.

- could you make it choose from different distortion modes like Bulge, anti-bulge (I have no idea what to call it in english) and more?

That is all.

Thank you,

frontcannon

I've just stumbled over your new plugin pack (well, I was to lazy to update, forgive me) and tried out twist.

It reminds me of some photo cartoon maker freeware I had when I was younger.

But it had some features that I'd love to see implemented.

- could you make it choose from different distortion modes like Bulge, anti-bulge (I have no idea what to call it in english) and more?

That is all.

Thank you,

frontcannon

You mean like giving it the look as if it's like some sort of spiral tunnel or the opposite? Yes, we definitely need that!

• 1 month later...