Sign in to follow this  
pyrochild

pyrochild plugins (2017-12-04)

hi Pixey and hi pyrochild -

thank you for your prompt replies - as this issue with smudge has been driving me crazy!

Yes, I did download the new version of smudge multiple times (in my first post I mentioned that I re-downloaded smudge from every link of pyrochild's - which basically was the link

in the first post in this thread.   The date of the smudge file from the link was always 09/16/12, so I thought the file was current, but PaintNet 4.0.3 came out in 2014, so was thinking

there was even a newer version of smudge somewhere?)

What was really frustrating is that all the other effects and tools worked, just not smudge.

Mind you, since smudge did not work for me, I would only keep trying to repair smudge and not any others (since the others all worked in 4.0.3).

So today, I decided to empty the whole lot of pyrochild's excellent work and install them ALL.

I am Win 7, Home Premium.

Again, all worked but not smudge.

So I closed PaintNet and started PaintNet up to try one last time.

Ha - this time smudge was working and pyrochild's ScriptLab was showing too (first time I could finally see ScriptLab - was wondering what people were talking about regarding SriptLab!).

So thanks so much for your hard work and for the response(s) - as this gave me motivation to re-download and try again!

Still not sure what was going on, but maybe I only had pieces of something installed?   Now it all seems to work, so a big relief!

Thanks again! 

(ps....I actually started to consider Gimp, but never downloaded or used that.   Very glad I decided to post here and now am able to stay with PaintNet!)

• Upvote 1

I am so happy you are happy now (and didn't go over to Gimp)

biggrin.gif   

Tis be far from fixed, friend

I confirm that the dowload link requires "One Drive" login while the alternative download link reports "restricted content" and "This file is no longer available. For additional information contact Dropbox support".

• Upvote 1

I confirm that the dowload link requires "One Drive" login while the alternative download link reports "restricted content" and "This file is no longer available. For additional information contact Dropbox support".

I don't mind logging in. But when you do log in, the download still isn't there.

Getting this error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\ScriptLab.dll
      Name: pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab
      Version: 4.0.5146.23014
      Author: Zach Walker, a.k.a. pyrochild
      Copyright: Copyright © 2007-2014 Zach Walker
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at PaintDotNet.ControlExtensions.QueueUpdate(Control control) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\ControlExtensions.cs:line 67
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.LevelsEffectConfigDialog.InitializeComponent() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\LevelsEffectConfigDialog.cs:line 432
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.LevelsEffectConfigDialog..ctor() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\LevelsEffectConfigDialog.cs:line 66
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.LevelsEffect.CreateConfigDialog() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\LevelsEffect.cs:line 20
   at pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 163
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 143
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 135
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 233
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 431
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.DoEffect(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, PdnRegion selectedRegion, PdnRegion regionToRender, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer, Surface originalSurface, Exception& exception) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1527

I am first adding an 'Invert Colors' step and then a 'Levels' step.

I'm on Windows 10.

What version is your plugin pack? Because I have Paint.NET 4.0.6 and the Smudge tool keeps crashing Paint.NET. I love this plugin pack and it really sucks because now I have to put my work on hold.  :(

Getting this error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\ScriptLab.dll
      Name: pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab
      Version: 4.0.5146.23014
      Author: Zach Walker, a.k.a. pyrochild
      Copyright: Copyright © 2007-2014 Zach Walker
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at PaintDotNet.ControlExtensions.QueueUpdate(Control control) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\ControlExtensions.cs:line 67

I am first adding an 'Invert Colors' step and then a 'Levels' step.

I'm on Windows 10.

This reproduces for me. I'll look into it.

What version is your plugin pack? Because I have Paint.NET 4.0.6 and the Smudge tool keeps crashing Paint.NET. I love this plugin pack and it really sucks because now I have to put my work on hold.  :(

Did you try downloading the current version of the plugin? What's the error? What are you doing when it happens?

No need. All these plugins work with version 4.0.6.

If you get crashes and errors why not tell us what they say? We have zero chance of diagnosing your problem without more information.

these are the boxes i never saw How to install Paint.NET plugins (A step-by-step guide, with pictures!

The tech guys said they are loaded as a ZIP file...

Edited by reba

reba, the effects or plugins you download are not installers. What you need to do is open the zipped file and inside you may find on or more dll files. These files are the actual effects that must be selected and copied into the EFFECTS  folder.

The effects folder is usually in this location:

Computer > Local Disc (This is usually de C: drive) > Program Files > Paint.NET > Effects

If you have problems this link may help you. It explains with images.

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the help the picture one etc.. :) some how i got them ! I dont know how but they are in!

Checking this morning and there they are, twice... i guess having them two times wont hurt ...