How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

• 3 weeks later...

Hey pyro

First of all thanks for all those awesome plugins.

Secondly would it be possible to add a transparency control option for the outline in your Random Shape Fill plugin?

Just like the one for fill color.

I was also wondering whether you could also increase the maximum size to 400?

Edited by Tee

I'm confused about the following blurb:

"pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED

Not a plugin, this file contains resources that are shared between multiple plugins.

Must be installed regardless of which other plugins are installed."

Is this file included in the download of plugins shown on this page or is it some file that must be download from some other location? If it must be installed where is it and why isn't it included in this download? I've already downloaded the plugin pack and added them to the Effects folder.

Thanks

Secondly would it be possible to add a transparency control option for the outline in your Random Shape Fill plugin?

Just like the one for fill color.

I was also wondering whether you could also increase the maximum size to 400?

Yep, I'll do those soon.

I'm confused about the following blurb:

"pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED

Not a plugin, this file contains resources that are shared between multiple plugins.

Must be installed regardless of which other plugins are installed."

Is this file included in the download of plugins shown on this page or is it some file that must be download from some other location? If it must be installed where is it and why isn't it included in this download? I've already downloaded the plugin pack and added them to the Effects folder.

Thanks

It's included in the download. A lot of people don't copy it with the rest of the plugins, which makes things not work. So I had to write that blurb. Of course, people don't read it :lol:

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Clicking the download link in the first post of this thread should take you to a www.box.com page where there are two download buttons. Either of those should do the job.

• 2 weeks later...

YES I LOVE YOU TOO

woah...rule #3, pyro D:

anyhow, I'm just here to ask about when smudge 4.0 will come out of beta :D

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

The area around the object or text must be transparent. In other words, it should be on its own layer.

Don't select it. Make it an object by placing it on it's own transparent layer, then run Trail.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Unspecified error: 0x80004005 loading Pyrochild plugins into the Paint.net\ Effects folder

HELP! Just downloaded Pyrochild plugins to my (Vista) pc desktop & saved it as a compressed zip folder. I opened the folder and tried to copy some of the DLL files out of the folder and proceeded to paste it into the Effects folder under Program files\ Paint.net\ , (which, incidentally, was completely empty - no system files or any thing).

I don't regularly work under the administrator sign-on to prevent unintended changes so when I pasted the dll file into the Effects folder, the password request box appeared. I entered the admin password. Then, The error box appeared indicating that Windows was not happy. Every attempt failed with this same error. Has anyone seen it before?

Problem solved: Tried downloading another plugin, using my admin acct, and it went smoothly. I then loaded Pyrochild plugins without incident. Not sure why it failed initially.

Edited by u4nasia

I was just attempting to do this tut on Fans but I noticed that Ella has a Paintbrush option in her version of Smudge. As I never had this in mine I thought it might be because my plug ins needed updating so I deleted all the plug ins installed before , downloaded a fresh zip file from page 1 and installed them again. But I still only have one brush in Smudge - the Soft Brush - which is what I had before. Is there supposed to be a Paintbrush option as well? If so , I would like to know why I do not have it. If there is only supposed to be the Soft Brush option then the Paintbrush must have been installed separately after all but where from?

I do recall there being a thread for custom brushes people have created for use in Simon`s Custom Brushes plug in, but I cannot find it. Will Smudge work with PS brushes converted in abr viewer?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Barbie , in your Documents file , you should have a file called `Paint.Net User Files'. Click on this and inside should be all the folders for the Smudge, Custom Brushes, Effects Presets etc...

Open up the Smudge file and just copy across the PNG file you want to use as a brush and next time you open Smudge it should be in the list. Not sure if you have to restart the plug in or PDN for it to take effect though. I always tend to add any brushes before I open up the program.

A question for Pyro perhaps? :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Easier way is to open the brush dropdown and click Add/Remove Brushes. It'll take you right to the brush folder.

You don't need to restart Paint.NET or Smudge; new brushes work immediately.

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!