How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

Are you using the latest version of Paint.NET (3.5.5)?

Are you using the latest version of my plugin set?

Are both Smudge.dll and pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll in C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects (or wherever you installed Paint.NET)?

Are you looking in the right menu (Effects > Tools > Smudge)?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Are you using the latest version of Paint.NET (3.5.5)?

Are you using the latest version of my plugin set?

Are both Smudge.dll and pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll in C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects (or wherever you installed Paint.NET)?

Are you looking in the right menu (Effects > Tools > Smudge)?

I actually got it working by installing MORE effects. But thanks for the help. Your plugins have all helped me out a lot in the development of my mod, so thanks a lot for making them. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've just downloaded the box set of plugins, and I am using the 3.36 version of Paint NET.

The installing went fine, and Smudge shows up under Tools, but when I tried to use it, I get this error message:

File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Paint.NET\Effects\Smudge.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge

Full error message: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String PaintDotNet.PdnInfo.get_UserDataPath2()'.

at pyrochild.effects.common.PngBrush.GetSurface()

at pyrochild.effects.common.PngBrush.GetSurface(Int32 maxsidelength)

at pyrochild.effects.common.PngBrush..ctor(String brushName)

at pyrochild.effects.smudge.ConfigToken..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.smudge.ConfigDialog.InitialInitToken()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.Constructor()

at pyrochild.effects.common.CanvasConfigDialog..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.smudge.ConfigDialog..ctor()

at pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm lost..

Edited by Wazoo

Hi,

I hope I'm posting to the right area. I just crashed while editing an existing image. There was only a black and white gradient on the active layer. For the first time, I noticed the error message was for a plugin, and then noticed the button for more information, so I clicked it and took a screenshot:

post-55187-129088800312_thumb.jpg

Reading it, it appears that I don't have adequate memory. I have 6 gigs of Ram and nothing else but a browser running. In this situation, I tried the "random" feature to see what effects might look good but after 5-6 effects, it crashed. Does this mean the plugin requires an insane amount of memory or perhaps, it's not releasing memory between random effects?

Also, previously, when I crashed, I could rename the image. However, this time, I chose to save and it simply wrote over the existing image w/out prompting for a name or path. I couldn't stop it from saving over my original file. This was unexpected. Was this recently changed?

Thanks for your help.

PS. my plugins are up to date and I already upgraded to the new PDN version a coupe days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have PDN 3.5.6 installed and and trying to load your plugins. I have extracted all the dlls to the Effects folder, but when I start PDN in the 'view plug-in load errors' I see the following text:

Any ideas what I have installed incorrectly? (BTW - I still had the 3.5.5. install, so I uninstalled 3.5.6 and installed 3.5.5. and got the same errors...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

STBO

1 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\pyrochild.effects.common.dll

Effect Name: PaintDotNet.UserControl2

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.UserControl2' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.56.3972.42620, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

2 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\pyrochild.effects.common.dll

Effect Name: PaintDotNet.SurfaceBoxGraphicsRenderer

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SurfaceBoxGraphicsRenderer' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.56.3972.42620, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

3 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Color Match.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.colormatch.ColorMatch

Full error message: This plugin is incompatible with this version of Paint.NET.

4 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Curves+.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.curvesplus.CurvesPlus

5 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushes.dll

Effect Name: CustomBrushes.EffectPlugin

Full error message: This plugin is known to cause stability problems.

6 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Gradient Mapping.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.gradientmapping.GradientMapping

7 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Random Effect.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.randomeffect.RandomEffect

8 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ScriptLab.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.scriptlab.ScriptLab

9 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Smudge.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge

10 of 10

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter

Are you sure you have this file installed in the correct place: pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll? I think you may have an old version (pyrochild.effects.common.dll) installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded the latest pyrochild plugins from the beginning of this thread. I have Windows 7 x64 and Paint.net was installed in Programs (x86). I also have Paint.NET v3.5.6 (Final Release build 3.56.3972.42619) installed.

I unzipped the plugin file and copied all .dll files into the "effects" folder. I have rebooted the computer and restarted Paint.net. My problem is that i can't find where the plugins are located. There is no "tools" submenu under "effects".

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

That's right. The plugins appear as entries in the existing menus. See the first post.

Do you have an entry under the Adjustments menu called 'Curves+' ? That's one of Pyrochild's. If that is there then the others should be as well.

I have downloaded the latest pyrochild plugins from the beginning of this thread. I have Windows 7 x64 and Paint.net was installed in Programs (x86). I also have Paint.NET v3.5.6 (Final Release build 3.56.3972.42619) installed.

If you have a 64-bit operating system, Paint.NET should be installed in Program Files, not Program Files (x86). Some buggy plugin installers may incorrectly assume that Paint.NET is in this folder, but you need to put the plugins where Paint.NET is actually installed.

The easiest way to find out is to right-click the Paint.NET icon on your desktop and then click "Open file location."

xZYt6wl.png

If you have a 64-bit operating system, Paint.NET should be installed in Program Files, not Program Files (x86). Some buggy plugin installers may incorrectly assume that Paint.NET is in this folder, but you need to put the plugins where Paint.NET is actually installed.

The easiest way to find out is to right-click the Paint.NET icon on your desktop and then click "Open file location."

I uninstalled Paint.net and did a complete reinstall using "custom install" and now the plugins work. The default directory was the correct "programs" directory. I have no idea why it was originally installed in Programs (x86). I know I didn't put it there. :)

Hi pyrochild.

I must compliment you again on the Smudge tool; it's great! I've found many uses for it, one of which is removing unwanted elements from images, such as watermarks on complex backgrounds (for my own personal-use), while still retaining a unedited look, even up close. :D

I was wondering, though: with some tweaking of the Smudge tool, would it be possible to create a tool that will push the outside boundaries of an object? For example: create a circle and, from within the center of the circle, click and hold while moving the cursor to the left or to the right to shape it into an oval shape or whatever. With a few more adjustments to the tool, the original circle could be made into the shape of a fish or airplane, etc. while still retaining the semi-transparent pixels on the edges of the object. This would be a lot easier and more precise then using one of the draw tools and can be used to create objects more complex then just a fish or airplane.

Anyway, this is just some crazy idea that I had. :P

Edited by KeyLogic

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering, though: with some tweaking of the Smudge tool, would it be possible to create a tool that will push the outside boundaries of an object? For example: create a circle and, from within the center of the circle, click and hold while moving the cursor to the left or to the right to shape it into an oval shape or whatever.

You mean like Liquify, the plugin I published yesterday? :)

xZYt6wl.png

You mean like Liquify, the plugin I published yesterday? :)

I've only tested this out briefly but it looks pretty good thus far. Nice work! :D

Not to sound ungrateful or impatient or anything, because I'm not :), but is there any word on zooming-in along with the cursor or moving the mouse in exact increments with the arrow keys? These are probably the only features missing from these plug-ins, otherwise, they're great.

Edited by KeyLogic

Not to sound ungrateful or impatient or anything, because I'm not :), but is there any word on zooming-in along with the cursor or moving the mouse in exact increments with the arrow keys? These are probably the only features missing from these plug-ins, otherwise, they're great.

Zoom is coming. Not sure what you mean by zooming along with the cursor, though.

I'll look into keyboard-cursor-control.

I assure you that there are quite a few missing features that I plan on adding :)

xZYt6wl.png