How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

On 4/9/2021 at 6:57 AM, Divergent said:

Uhm hey I just thought I'd point out that even with the latest version of your plugin and pdn your smudge tools at the top are cut off making it difficult to alter settings while smudging. unknown.png

Just wanted to let you know that it looks similar on Windows. The plugin works great (ignore the girls, see the smudged skyscrapers), but the controls are only partially visible:

Q52t1pY.jpg

Running the plugin on a 4K monitor here, with Windows dpi resolution setting at 200%. Apparently the plugins are not yet set up for different (i.e. higher) screen resolutions.

Edited by DavidP
typo

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely running the latest version of PDN (4.3.11) and only just downloaded the Plugin pack so I assume it's also the most recent version.

I've installed everything via the installer and can't find the Smudge brush anywhere. Should it be in the "Tool" dropdown menu or is it somewhere else?

pdn no smudge.png

• 6 months later...

AFAIK the only plugin from this pack showing errors in 5.0 is Scriptlab.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi. The Liquefy plugin is one of my favorite plugins, but I'm having the same problem as some of you with the controls being partially covered and hard to access.

I recently changed to a new monitor and from what I've read, that's probably the problem. Everything still work but I have two questions about it.

1: It seems like I remember a power setting, or sensitivity setting for Liquefy, but I can't find it now. Am I mistaken about that, or is it just hidden due to this problem with the controls being covered up? If a power setting does exist, where's it located? 

2: I used the automatic installer to redownload the plugin this morning, thinking it might overwrite the plugin and fix the problem. It didn't fix it of course, and now I have two sets of these plugins under the effects tab.

Then I went to the PDN effects folder to try and delete one set, but I seem to have only one set in the effects folder anyway.

Is there a way to get rid of one of these sets of plugins under the effects tab? It's no big deal if I can't, but it would be nice if I can.

Thank you.

Regarding the duplication - have you checked both locations?

"For Classic paint.net, locate the directory where paint.net has been installed. Usually this is "C:\Program Files\paint.net\".  It is also possible to use the directory "Documents\paint.net App Files\..." as an alternative, but it will usually need to be created manually (see Microsoft Store version below)."

From the documentation here

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

3 hours ago, Ellie Amore said:

have two sets of these plugins under the effects tab.

To find the location of the duplicate, in order to delete it, hover of the Liquify in PDN to see where it is:

Liquify-location.png

3 hours ago, Ellie Amore said:

ms like I remember a power setting, or sensitivity setting for Liquefy, but I can't find it now.

It is possibly the Pressure setting you want:

pressure-liquify.png

• Hugs 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, Ellie Amore said:

Hi. The Liquefy plugin is one of my favorite plugins, but I'm having the same problem as some of you with the controls being partially covered and hard to access.

I recently changed to a new monitor and from what I've read, that's probably the problem.

This can be fixed... Go to your PDN install folder. Locate paintdotnet.exe

Right click the application file and select "Properties"

Click the compatibility tab

Click "Change High DPI Settings" button

In the new window check the box that says "Override high DPI scaling behavior..."

In the drop down box beneath it select "System"

Start PDN. The plug-ins will scale and this should fix any/all visibility issues.

Screenshot2023-04-28080109.thumb.jpg.2eddf18d81cd683890f0039d20d92216.jpg

Image showing scaling off vs on

jDj0bOM.jpeg

Edited by Disk4mat
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1

48 minutes ago, Disk4mat said:

This can be fixed... Go to your PDN install folder. Locate paintdotnet.exe

Right click the application file and select "Properties"

Click the compatibility tab

Click "Change High DPI Settings" button

In the new window check the box that says "Override high DPI scaling behavior..."

In the drop down box beneath it select "System"

Start PDN. The plug-ins will scale and this should fix any/all visibility issues.

Screenshot2023-04-28080109.thumb.jpg.2eddf18d81cd683890f0039d20d92216.jpg

Image showing scaling off vs on

jDj0bOM.jpeg

I think I can do this with your well written reply, but I can't seem to find the PDN install folder. All I find is effects and pallets and things like that.

Could you tell me where to find that specific install folder? I think I could take it from there once I find that folder. Thank you. 

It should be located in C:\Program Files\paint.net\

You can also locate it by opening PDN and starting Task Manager.

ctrl shift escape

Right click paint.net in the list and select properties.

In the new window it will say "location" with the path to the program file.

Edited by Disk4mat

13 minutes ago, Ellie Amore said:

I think I could take it from there once I find that folder.

I found it by:

In Search window, bottom left of your computer, type in paint.net.exe

Choose the 5.3 version then pick "open file location"

Then you'll see the rest of @Disk4mat's solution images :) 

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Allishon said:

With the newest update of paint.net this effects file is not compatible. Is there an updated plugin file?

Hello @Allishon and welcome :) 

Could you tell us exactly what trouble you are having please?  Is there a particular Plugin from his pack that is causing problems?

30b8T8B.gif

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, manofculture said:

this is the problem, and I run the latest pdn version on this date

ScriptLab is not compatible with the current version of Paint.NET.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

7 hours ago, null54 said:

ScriptLab is not compatible with the current version of Paint.NET.

Which the posted error is literally saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@pyrochild disappeared at some point. Maybe he'll return someday. Maybe not. @toe_head2001 even tried to submit a pull request to fix ScriptLab but it's just been sitting there for 2 years. An "unofficial" rebuild might be necessary, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for the plugin AFAICT.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...