How to Install Plugins ×

pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

pyrochild

For the Store version of paint.net, you'll need to create some directories manually. See the second note on this page...

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

then manually copy the plugin dlls to the correct folder.

Do you have repro steps on that crash or at least a vague idea of what you were doing when it happened?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/8/2017 at 2:06 PM, welshblue said:

Another crash on Gradient Mapping.  This time I was using a custom file, moved the sliders (quite a bit) and then Right clicked on the colour bar to open the menu with 4 options on it.  I've tried to repro' it being quite rough ... and nothing :|

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't been able to reproduce this crash but this version shouuuuuuld not crash in that area. Please give it a try.

<deleted attachment - please get the release version from the first post>

• Like 1

xZYt6wl.png

Update!

Grid Warp:

• New: feature to choose gridline color
  • Fix crash when opening colors page if clipboard image is smaller than preview
  • Fix crash when there's an error saving or loading gridwarp files
  • Fix: alpha turns to 0 if a color chooser starts at black and a slider is used

Gradient Mapping:

• New: saving a preset includes all settings in the dialog
  • Fix ArgumentOutOfRangeException when getting too wild with the gradient handles
  • Fix crash on loading a bad file
  • Fix transparent color if nodes overlap
  • Fix: Default preset would sometimes remember changes made while it was active
  • Fix crash if spread or reverse functions are used with 1 or 0 colors

Installer:

• New: now supports installing plugins for Window Store version of paint.net
  • New: add option to start paint.net after successful installation
  • Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

On 12/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, welshblue said:

Clicking OK on the UI should commit the changes done by the plugin to the canvas.  Cancel or the X won't (not wishing to insult your intelligence by stating the obvious) 

... if you're clicking OK is it happening on a specific plugin ?

I'm not getting a UI with OK on it.

Hi @khrocksg and welcome to the forum!     I have two comments about your problem.

1) Some of pyro's plugins (like Grid Warp) open up in a rather large window showing a whole drawing 'canvas'. Sometimes the window does not open 'centered' and the lower right corner is hidden from view. Simply move the window up and to the left so you can see the 'OK' button.

2) What is your DPI set at on your computer?  Sometimes anything larger than 100% (recommended) interfere's with a plugin's UI and things get chopped off.

Just some thoughts.....maybe one applies to you and your situation.   :)

13 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Hi @khrocksg and welcome to the forum!     I have two comments about your problem.

1) Some of pyro's plugins (like Grid Warp) open up in a rather large window showing a whole drawing 'canvas'. Sometimes the window does not open 'centered' and the lower right corner is hidden from view. Simply move the window up and to the left so you can see the 'OK' button.

2) What is your DPI set at on your computer?  Sometimes anything larger than 100% (recommended) interfere's with a plugin's UI and things get chopped off.

Just some thoughts.....maybe one applies to you and your situation.   :)

Thanks, @lynxster4 ! That helped greatly!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, welshblue said:

Great detective skills Hercule @lynxster4

Thanks!  ;)   I use some of pyro's 'canvas' plugins a lot, and I always have to move the window so I can see the buttons.

I wonder which solution worked for khrocksg?   I would suspect #1.    

• 2 months later...

Nevermind, I restarted paint.net and it worked. I have a suggestion though. Since I work with large images, it shows a window covering the whole screen with scrollbars because the image is larger than the screen. Is it possible to scale the painting area so that I don't have to use scrollbars to move around?

Edited by KingKreeper17

7 hours ago, KingKreeper17 said:

Nevermind, I restarted paint.net and it worked. I have a suggestion though. Since I work with large images, it shows a window covering the whole screen with scrollbars because the image is larger than the screen. Is it possible to scale the painting area so that I don't have to use scrollbars to move around?

Splatter and the other canvas plugins have a zoom setting at the top of the window, and respond to ctrl+scroll and pinch zoom as well.

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When using grid warp is there a possibility to just see another layer so I can align the warped layer with another image on another layer?

Hello Pyrochild,

Great plugin for this great  software.  I understand that the batch processing feature is not available anymore, but it was par of the plugin in the past, am I correct?

Is there any chance to download the previous version of the plugin that contains batch processing feature? 

Ar alternatively, how can I download the previous version of the plugin that will work with  Paint.NET v3.5 ?

thanks and regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What does it mean by "Do not redistribute these plugins without prior permission"? I am not sure whether it is talking about recreating the plugin or using the plugin in a video or photo that you post on YouTube.

Edited by Joshua Moore

Using the plugin is fine. You may NOT not redistribute the actual plugin without permission.

I meant what does redistribute mean? I cannot find a good definition online.

Also, when you said "using the plugin", does that include online or just personal use.

Edited by Joshua Moore