Coloring on PDN.

So it seems like i always have a hard time coloring on PDN, and im not really sure why. I can do detailing and sketching and shaping really well, or at least much better than coloring. Does any one have any advice on how to help me to learn to color? That almost sounds funny to say lol, but I'm having a hard time. Ill post a couple things ive done so many you can give me some tips. Thanks!

10658_ca8f803bb61e759fc94e61325dbdd6ca

10658_de143ce2d51ca951184ecbe6f5d828f2

10658_0dd2181a0628c6802d891276ef1303a6

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

The best way I've found is to draw outlines on one (otherwise transparent) layer and the color on a layer beneath that. I find it gives a cleaner effect.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yeah, pretty much. :-) Sorry, it's an art thing.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Hey, I need to become better at drawing. :-) Hence, I'm taking a class next semester.