Sig-Of-The-Week Discussion - 17 is on!

Well, I entered. As much as it pained me to do so.

My entry is a total joke. If I win, I blame all of you. :D

oh you are so going to pay for that remark.... now wouldn't it be a real joke on you if you actually were to win the polar inversion sig contest. :lol: oops maybe we might get banned if you win?

anyways I like your little rollercoaster. it is a good use of polar

ciao

That's the thing, fonts don't really have an art to them. You just choose something which goes with your sig/av/piece of art.
I disagree wholeheartedly. I think that there IS an art to fonts. A huge art. I think fonts can evoke emotions, feelings, etc. I love fonts. :-)

I knew somebody was going to say that :D But I wholeheartedly agree.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Though this is getting off topic, I'll extend it one post (and hopefully end it, too).

As I've said once or twice before, I've tried to make a font in a typeface editor, and it's extremely tough work. You have to design every letter with precision, making sure that your letters are readable and that your characters are following the same style. It's not just "Let's make some lines, antialias it, and make it a TrueType!" It's more like:

"Okay, let's make some concept sketches of what this can look like... well, that sucks. Let's do another.... that's better, but the serif on the "b" is a little too exaggerated... okay, now let's make it." *another 2 months goes by* "It's done! Let's put it in the Vista daily build!" *a few more months pass, 2 weeks before Vista's launch* "What?!?! They took the font out? How dare they! Let's put it on Fonts.com and sell it for $300"

Then, hundreds of people buy it, a few of them Torrentize it, and the developer(s) work on another one for Windows 7.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Hi

As you may notice by my number of posts, that I am really new to the pdn forums. I'm writing this to explain and apologize for the edit notation in my post in the sig contest. It was my first post (I was just going to jump in and have fun with the rest of the kids.) when after I submitted it, there were no pictures on my post. Not even my sig was on there.(The bottom sig that is.) I latter figured out that I had put in the wrong url in those spaces. I would have deleted it off, but you can't after someone has posted under you, which had already happened. I don't believe that I'm still in the contest, but it was fun making the sig and I did learn how to do the post so that I can do it right the next time. As I said, I'm sorry for any trouble if any this may have caused. If there's anything that I can do to make anything better I well try my best to do it. Thanks.

GeminiS

Hi

As you may notice by my number of posts, that I am really new to the pdn forums. I'm writing this to explain and apologize for the edit notation in my post in the sig contest.... [ explanation ]

A few competitions ago, I made a slight change to the SOTW rules:

Only one entry per person and no modifications to your image are allowed after submitting your entry.

emphasis added

Sometimes, people make mistakes - be they grammatical, BBCode, or explanation omission - and they shouldn't be locked out of making corrections. To remedy this, I restricted the no-editing rule to the image alone.

So, this is to say: "Fear not, for thou art still eligible for the competition." :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

wow! I've seen some really good polar inversions here! I don't know if this one could compete, but at least I tried. :)

sig_entry_final2.png

100% PDN, no stock images used.

That's pretty stinkin' amazing!!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

wow! I've seen some really good polar inversions here! I don't know if this one could compete, but at least I tried. :)

sig_entry_final2.png

I have to agree. Good work.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

sig_entry_final2.png

I have to agree. Good work.

I must also concur, excellent!

This iz my go @ it....

100%PDN

100% ORIGINAL

Read the rules please.

Also, how did you manage to get that effect out of curosity?

I din't understand what u meant when u said me to read the rules ....i think this may be answer to it

....i have done it using polar inversion and then had cropped out....

This iz my go @ it....

100%PDN

100% ORIGINAL

Read the rules please.

Also, how did you manage to get that effect out of curosity?

I din't understand what u meant when u said me to read the rules ....i think this may be answer to it

....i have done it using polar inversion and then had cropped out....

I said the rules bit because it says about not typing in caps lock.

And I know that you use PP and then cropped, but how did you get that partciluar effect using it? It's pretty good.

@andrew

i did it by first making 4 squares with gradient...arranging themn then using shape3d 2 get a parachute type fihgure.....later used polar inversion on it and later cropped it.............then did the usual stuff......i actually made it as a background...later converted into sig for sotw..........

@usedHonda

thanq you

@andrew

i did it by first making 4 squares with gradient...arranging themn then using shape3d 2 get a parachute type fihgure.....later used polar inversion on it and later cropped it.............then did the usual stuff......i actually made it as a background...later converted into sig for sotw..........

Cool, thanks.

image%20here

wow, you're fast david! haha, thank you very much :)

And, you might have won too... if I had not entered. :mrgreen:

Shouldn't we be voting now??

cause it's jan 13 and it's not voting time...

It'll be up to CMD to call an end to the competition and open the voting.

He usually compiles all the entries into the first thread, but this will take a while due to the larger number of entries than usual.

I think the result of this will be interesting, due to the large number of entries there could be lots of ties with 2 or 3 votes each.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png