Question about Shape 3D

SilverIce

Hi,

This is probably a stupid question...but I'm asking it anyway.

I'm trying to create a candy cane, using shape 3D. I have done th stem of the candy cane with no problem, but when it comes to curving the top to make the "J" shape, I'm stuck.

How can I tweak the shape 3D to make the stick curve?

Thanks!

~If at first you don't suceed...destroy all evidence you've tried.~

http://ailive.deviantart.com/

This is my Candy Cane if you like it I can try and tell you how I did it.

candycane3sz.png

candycane4sz.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

You both did so well on the stripes. Ash's looks stretched and Madjiks looks like maybe the twist effect or did you cut and paste? I do like the shine on mine. I tried many things to get the stripes but could not find something I was happy with. So how did you do that? Do tell.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

So the gridmaker and not diagonal lines and you rotate/zoom before 3D. I was trying diagonal lines and the 3D which was not working. Thanks I will play around with it an see what I get.

SilverIce the shine is layers and the linear (reflected) gradient, white other color 0 tranparency.