Any way to install under XP SP1?

Hello,

I am very happy today that I have found this great application, that will probably replace PS for most of my tasks. However, I have a -somehow urgent- question:

Since I am obliged NOT to upgrade to XP SP2 due to compatibility issues with a couple of somehow expensive CAD applications I use for work, is there any way to install paint.net under XP SP1? Case not for the latest version(s), is there any older stable version available, able to install (and work) under XP SP1?

I would be grateful of any helpful hints. Thank you in advance.

No, sorry. XP SP1 is completely unsupported and will not work. Older versions are neither supported nor supplied for any reason, sorry.

SP2 is over 3 years old at this point. I would be very surprised if you other software did not have patches or upgrades available that supported SP2. (Think about it -- SP2 is the most popular OS right now. Why wouldn't they support it in some way? If not they'd go out of business.)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

how good of a computer is it, could you run a virtual machine :?:

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

I really appreciate your answers... I am on an Athlon XP, 512 RAM, which I guess is a bit low for the VM solution...

Regarding upgrading my apps to something that would work under SP2... it's just that they ask me for over 3000 EUR for the upgrade. There is no way of giving away that amount, never mind that I am growing tired of the company and thinking of switching to something with a bit better support level.

Um... I thought I saw a reply from Myrddin stating that paint.net 2.72 would work under XP SP1. Somehow, I can't find it no more... Was it removed for some reason? Is there any way I could get hold of v2.72? Of course, I won't be asking support for it, since any issues there might be should be already resolved on the latest version I have already installed on another PC.

As support was dropped when v3.0 was shipped, as were the links to download. However, if you were to stroll the Internet, I'm sure you could find somewhere that holds older versions...

Edited by Rick: Do not provide links to older versions of Paint.NET.

If you install an older version, please just note that we cannot help you with anything at all on this forum.

Thank you for making it clear, though a few posts above I can read... "I won't be asking support for it, since any issues there might be should be already resolved on the latest version I have already installed on another PC".

GREAT work by the way! Keep it comin'!

GREAT work by the way! Keep it comin'!

Even though you won't be able to use it if he does...:-P

Just kidding. Here's hoping an option presents itself soon for you to be able to upgrade.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.