Paint.NET v3.20 Release Candidate 1 is now available

Ghost Ranger, I see what you mean. You want to be able to manually check for updates, have the auto-check disabled, and also include beta releases in the manual check. (Although this of course begs the question: why are you disabling the auto-check? Please don't!)

I've had a mind to improve the updater's UI, I'll keep this in mind when I get to it. The UI was much improved from 2.xx to 3.0, but now it needs another coat of paint, so to speak.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I don't know if this bug has been posted yet or not, but I honestly do not have the time to search for it right now and wanted to contribute the best I can.

Each time you start up Paint.NET 3.2.0 RC1, you see garbled words at the top of the canvas. Over the course of 15 seconds, it will slowly fade and disappear almost as if it were some type of effect. You actually see if fade away, kind of neat I suppose, but obviously not intentional.

Screenshot (click to enlarge):

th_99630_pdn_screen_122_512lo.jpg

I don't know if this bug has been posted yet or not, but I honestly do not have the time to search for it right now and wanted to contribute the best I can.

Each time you start up Paint.NET 3.2.0 RC1, you see garbled words at the top of the canvas. Over the course of 15 seconds, it will slowly fade and disappear almost as if it were some type of effect. You actually see if fade away, kind of neat I suppose, but obviously not intentional.

Screenshot (click to enlarge):

th_99630_pdn_screen_122_512lo.jpg

Here's what it says:

OpeningText.png

I'm using the default DPI settings. I'm saying that the size of the selection changes when I select "Centimeters" after using "Pixels."

Is this intended?

I figured out what it was. The problem is when you convert from pixels-> cm when the image is set up for inches (DPI), or when converting from pixels->inches when the image is set up for centimeters (DPCM).

Care to spot the error in the code? :) This is a new function in the Document class that was written to handle conversion between measurement types when the basis for measurement could be in another unit system entirely. For example, conversion from X number of pixels to Y number of inches when your basis measurement states there are Z pixels per centimeter. More complex than it sounds and I simply got two little things mixed up in the original implementation. Fixed for the final release.

public static double ConvertMeasurement(
   double sourceLength, 
   MeasurementUnit sourceUnits, 
   MeasurementUnit basisDpuUnits, 
   double basisDpu, 
   MeasurementUnit resultDpuUnits)
{
   // ... (bunch of other code here) ...

// Case 10. Converting from pixels to centimeters, when the basis is in inches.
   if (resultDpuUnits == MeasurementUnit.Centimeter && basisDpuUnits == MeasurementUnit.Inch)
   {
       double dpcm = DotsPerCmToDotsPerInch(basisDpu);
       double resultCm = sourceLength / dpcm;
       return resultCm;
   }

// Case 11. Converting from pixels to inches, when the basis is in centimeters.
   if (resultDpuUnits == MeasurementUnit.Inch && basisDpuUnits == MeasurementUnit.Centimeter)
   {
       double dpi = DotsPerCmToInchPerCm(basisDpu);
       double resultIn = sourceLength / dpi;
       return resultIn;
   }
}

Hint: The "DotsPer...()" calls are backwards / swapped.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

It's hardly a bug, but I've noticed something:

9953_7e55a752d68ce48b0a98fb2f49dc35f4

If you look, it is Plugin Error window. The wiord if is wrriten strangley.

Never happened before so why now (so i guess it's just some sort of mistake)

Anyway, this release is good!

I'm 11 and I have a younger brother who is nearly 2. Whenever he comes near the computer he presses the ON button (therefore if I'm using it, and he presses it, it would shut down.) What I noticed was that when this happened (I was running Paint.NET), it didn't shutdown. Every other programme quit itself however paint.net said "do i wish to save this" and somehow this prevented my shutdown.

1 week later, the samething happened, all other programmes exited and PDN remained.

Weird - something in your code must be causing this (maybe)!

Whenever he comes near the computer he presses the ON button (therefore if I'm using it, and he presses it, it would shut down.) What I noticed was that when this happened (I was running Paint.NET), it didn't shutdown. Every other programme quit itself however paint.net said "do i wish to save this" and somehow this prevented my shutdown.

1 week later, the samething happened, all other programmes exited and PDN remained.

Weird - something in your code must be causing this (maybe)!

Notepad can do this if you have it open with unsaved changes. When the shutdown event happens a program can capture it and prevent it from happening.

OR,

You can change the behavior of your power button. Start > Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced Tab.

You also need to think before you (or he) press this button.

It's not linked to Paint.net! Opened and modified documents require to be saved before respective program(s) close itself due to shutdown request.

This is not a safe behave (to press this button)... for your documents, and for the system health IMO...