Paint.NET v3.20 Release Candidate 1 is now available

Get it either from the website (http://www.getpaint.net), or from within Paint.NET itself. Note: Make sure you have "Also check for beta releases" enabled. You can access this option by going to Help -> Check for Updates, then clicking on the "Options" button.

Please be sure to report any compatibility problems with plugins.

NOTE: This is a feature-complete release candidate. There will be NO new features added between now and the final release. Please DO NOT ask for any new features in this thread. The only thing that matters now is stability. And fixing typos.

Enjoy!

Changes:

* Note: New features will be displayed in English through the Alpha and Beta release(s). The final release will include full translations for the other supported languages.
    * Fixed: If a floating tool window (Colors, History, Layers, Tools) was not docked/snapped, and the screen resolution was lowered or a Remote Desktop session was initiated, then the window would stay off screen and be "lost". It is now moved to keep it on-screen.
    * Fixed: An issue for plugin developers where Effect`1.Render(3) was incorrectly throwing an exception when indirectly called through Effect.Render(6). This was preventing an updated version of the "Film Noir" plugin from working, even though its code was correct.
    * Integrated updated translations for Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), and Chinese (Simplified). An updated German translation will be present in the final release.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

In a way we already have. As stated, no new features will come about and the bugs arising are few and far between and with little detriment to the rest of PDN, so really, and as close to, we have the final in our hands. Hard drives, even.

Thanks by the way, Rick.

37508716uw1.png

For the update options, the option to check for beta releases shouldn't be grayed out. That way you can manually check for updates and still get beta releases and/or not have to check the box above it to be able to get pre-releases.

Wait, I don't get what you're saying. You mean you only want to check for beta releases and ignore full versions?

37508716uw1.png

For the update options, the option to check for beta releases shouldn't be grayed out. That way you can manually check for updates and still get beta releases and/or not have to check the box above it to be able to get pre-releases.

You have to have check for full version first...

---

Very nice work Rick! Keep it up :)

47306796ff8.png

sweet thanx for the update, this is the first time ive seen Candidate too :mrgreen:

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Wait, I don't get what you're saying. You mean you only want to check for beta releases and ignore full versions?

No, I'm saying that you can't change "Also check for pre-release..." w/o checking "Automatically check for newer versions..." first. 8)

If you do that you're not checking for new versions at all. Pre-release betas aren't even an issue in that case.

I must be missing something. :/

AAAAARGH!!!! :evil:

Damn it! The "Update Paint.NET" feature doesn't work. It just seems to be frozen. Although, if i click cancel it does cancel. Oh and by the way, that screen shot is after 5 minutes of waiting.

9953_966e42f4d4b05aa66c19abe4404d958c

Oh well, I'll update it manually.

Oh and by the way Rick, you didn't answer my question aabout why do GIFS paste on to PDN strangely.

Try pasting the PDN logo at the top of the forums and you'll see what I mean hopefully.

Loving your hard work. Shame I've got so many plugins (look what's happened to my effects menu):

9953_430aa8fa6274cac3ac3b2a8bfc682190

Oh well, I'll survive! :)

If you do that you're not checking for new versions at all. Pre-release betas aren't even an issue in that case.

I must be missing something. :/

You're missing that clicking on "check for updates..." in the help menu starts a update check, regardless of whether any boxes are checked.

69515752zl3.png

37508716uw1.png

All I'm saying is that given both of the above, you would expect that neither of them would search for betas when doing a "manual" update check. However, the second combo does. Therefore, it should be changed so the options are independent of one another to avoid confusion. :P

Darn it. I like getting PdN updates, but I wish I didn't have to close FireFox to update.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Darn it. I like getting PdN updates, but I wish I didn't have to close FireFox to update.
You don't have to, you can choose 'Ignore' (or a command of the like) which doesn't seem to hinder the update. I hope we're talking about the same dialog which appears informing you to close X programs for the update to fulfil...

------------------------------

As for the update tick-boxing, I've done that for ages now, therefore I can check manually yet still check for betas all the same. It works.

Converting from pixels to centimeters doesn't work correctly for rectangle select fixed size mode.

100 pixels goes to 0.41 cm, but it should be 2.65 cm.

Image/Resize, Resolution: 96.00 Pixels/inch (that's what I have) but if you change it to something else...

I've 2.65cm for 100px...

Converting from pixels to centimeters doesn't work correctly for rectangle select fixed size mode.

100 pixels goes to 0.41 cm, but it should be 2.65 cm.

I dunno but I think that depends on the selected DPI of the image... doesn't it?

EDIT: MadJik beated me... awww... but it was what I thought anyway :D

100 pixels at 96dpi is (100/96)inches, or ~1.041667. Multiplied by 2.54 cm per inch, you get ~2.645 cm.

You aren't at 96 dots per cm. You're at 96 dots per inch, or (96/2.54) =~ 37.79 dots per centimeter.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Since when does Firefox have to be closed to update Paint.NET?

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg