Request - Selection disappears after deletion

I've noticed that after deleting a selection, the selection itself disappears. Most of the time I find this rather annoying, since I have to delete the same selection in three or more different layers.

Can this be changed, or can anyone explain me why it is better to remove the selection?

sigbar0ks.png

Though I like the idea, it probably won't be added anytime soon, but I can give you a workaround:

Once you've made a selection, create a new layer and hit backspace to fill the selected area with your primary color. Switch back to the first layer that contains something you want to delete, and hit delete. Then go back to the new layer, magic wand the area of color, and switch back to the next layer that you want to delete from. Just delete the new layer once you're done.

Or, if you have no transparency in the layer at all, it can be a little easier: just magic wand the empty space, switch to the next layer, and hit delete.

Hope this helps.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.