Im haveing trouble intalling plug-ins.

Ok I got a new computer about a month ago and my old computer had windows xp on it and my new computer came with windows vista. I new how to install plug ins with windows x p but im not very good with windows vista and it is completly diffrent. I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. :|

flames.jpg

I assume you're familiar with this tutorial: http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install

In Vista, the plugins still go in the same folder, C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects, the only thing that's changed is the interface of the Windows Explorer file view window. I believe that under Vista, the root hard drive shortcut is called "Computer", though I don't have Vista to check. Alternately, I believe you can simply right-click on the Windows icon on the taskbar, select "Explore", and type the path and folder ("C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects") into the Location bar. Drop your DLL files in there.

Again, I don't have a copy of Vista, so I can't be totally sure, but I believe those core Windows functionalities haven't changed in the move from XP to Vista. Perhaps someone who does have Vista can hop on and confirm or correct my steps. Until then, I wish you best of luck!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Ok I got it figured out. Crazy man dan, There is like 4 added steps to adding it with windows vista then there was with xp. But thank you for everything.

So, do us a favor and tell us what the addional steps are.

I could update the instructions on my web site if you send me the necessary information/screen shots.

Just hit the "Print Screen" or "PrtSc" button on your keyboard, open Paint.NET or some other graphics program, and press Ctrl+V to paste.

Microsoft includes that functionality with Windows. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.