Is there a cropping tool that maintains aspect ratio?

Hi there.

Is there a cropping tool that maintains aspect ratio? I'm trying to crop some photos to print then frame, and I've looked for documentation on this but can't find any. I seem to remember when I used Photoshop a couple of times that there was a cropping rectangle you could select, that would allow you to maintain the ratio. I don't need to resize the pics, just crop out unwanted stuff. Thanks.

if you have PDN 3.20, then just use the selection tool with the aspect ratio correct then crop to selection (Ctrl+Shift+X)

if you have PDN 3.10, then remember that 96 pixels is your default resolution and make an appropriate selection the Crop (Ctrl+Shift+X)

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Thanks for your quick reply, panhead. I'm embarrassed to say I don't understand what you mean. I have 3.10 and the only cropping tool I see is a rectangle that you can make into any dimension you want. I wanted something that would let me keep a rectangle in the ratio 3:4, for example. And I'm not sure where the 96 pixels comes in.

well if you think of 96px equaling 1 inch then you could figure out how big your selection needs to be, look at the bottom part of pdn to see the selection size, and you could download Paint.NET 3.20, it has that feature

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Make sure you update the program this month when the program prompts you to. The version you have is 3.20beta2, which may contain some bugs that will be fixed with the final version.

Glad everything worked out for you! :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

ya, i read his final response, but i felt like i was "spamming the forum" so i decided not to reply

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix