Word Baloons in Paint.NET? Well yes but I need help making.

I need to use a tool in paint that will let me create complex word ballons...with colors and effects like ice,fire ect or shiver cold to show emotion

I also need the point tip of the word balloon to come at an angle so it is smooth and appears to come from the character...

like this10828_1b571faed78d0f24f4c846e498d1fb0b

Shawn Edward Strickland

"The Strickalator"

Just use those! :-) Magic wand out the background, and paste them in. Resize to taste.

Would this not work?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

well yeah i found these in clip art and was going to use em

i guess i can always reverse the position or rotate the balloons

but still wanting an ice looking word balloon :twisted:

magic wand out the background er um well i dont know how to do that..

Shawn Edward Strickland

"The Strickalator"

Or...draw a lasso selection around the bubble you want and copy/paste it to its own layer, then change the layer blending mode to "Multiply" and fill the white back in on its own layer below the speech bubble.

This way you get no jaggies.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Just use those! :-) Magic wand out the background, and paste them in. Resize to taste.

Would this not work?

He's right. :P

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Or...draw a lasso selection around the bubble you want and copy/paste it to its own layer, then change the layer blending mode to "Multiply" and fill the white back in on its own layer below the speech bubble.

This way you get no jaggies.

Nah, use the awesome Alpha Mask plugin to get rid of the white background.

^Two very good methods. I would use one of those (if you end up using the clip art).

For icy bubbles, I would look at this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21239&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Hope that's helpful. :)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Wow! I never saw that....

That's an awesome tutorial, bb00!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

• 3 weeks later...

If you are trying to make photo comics, may I suggest an awesome software program called Comic Life? It has a full selection of word balloons etc as well as some nice comic fonts...

I use Comic Life to teach basic digital photography (composition, framing etc) and basic image manipulation to Year 7 students in a fun, entertaining way.

You can find this software (free 40-day trial) at http://www.plasq.com/downloads/. To register it as a full version (home use) costs about US$25...

[img]http://www.geocities.com/gerry_satrapa/PDNsig.jpg[/img]