Escher / Droste plugin

PJayTycy

• 6 years later...

I have the plug-in that is posted in first post and only just discovered that eight posts down there is a newer version. This has been here since Dec. 2007. Will it ever be an official plug-in?

My request is to be able to anchor at least one side of an image. Not sure if this will work with aligning landscapes or my wanting people standing right side up while everything else is swirled.

Clunky but can be a fun. Interesting outcomes. :D

SloppySig.png

just discovered that eight posts down there is a newer version.

There's an even newer version in post #16

My request is to be able to anchor at least one side of an image.

Please elaborate what you mean by this.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Hello, silly me I did see that.

I find that it is impossible to move the natural foreground  of an image back to the bottom of the picture with the Droste plug-in.

In the posted picture this is what I see when opening Droste. I like it, but I want to be able to move the right hand side of the image to the bottom. Abstracts didn't seem to matter so much what the bottom is.

I thought if I could click a checkbox the bottom of the picture would stay put. Is something like that possible. Writing this I see that it may be just the way this plug in works. Vertical.

Need the before?

Thank for answering.

Droste%20test.png

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

I was able to add an Angle control to this plugin. I also reorganized the code into the CodeLab-style/structure (this does not make it CodeLab compatible). That should make it easier to hack on for any noobies.

See changes and source here: https://github.com/toehead2001/pdn-droste/commits/master

If this looks ok, I can polish it up a bit more and officially publish it. I doubt @PJayTycy (O.P.) is ever coming back.

EDIT: Get it here

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 4

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Amazing! And to be able to move center. Wow! <3

Toe_head2001: Thank you so much for reworking this plugin. I'm sure it will be more useful and easier for Paint.Net users than the way it was. :D

Eli that reminds of the...https://www.google.com/search?q=time+tunnel&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMIs76-hejJxwIVB0KSCh018QGl&biw=1141&bih=955

Rockroad%20Drosted.png

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

I want to officially publish this within a few days. Before that happens, does anyone have any further suggestions for it? I've already taken care of the obvious stuff: updated the icon, shortened the name to 'Droste' in the title of the window, and added metadata for the 'Plugin Browser'. Anything else?

bp-sig.png